Christmas Gift ?????????

farri

It`s the day after Christmas and I`m wondering if everyone got what they wanted for Christmas.

I got a sweet little thing called Cyclone Tasha,that`s flooded us in for a couple of days,what did you get?.

I was able to get up and take some photos this morning,here`s four of them.

1..Storm coming in from Russell Heads.

2..Water across Ross Road.....Our access to the Bruce Highway.

3..Wet Runway......My strip is under water.

4..From Deeral looking north to Cairns.

Frank.

1320177731_StormComing..jpg.75e65bb67aadf51824bedfc0fa30afae.jpg

1416038355_WaterOnRoad..jpg.353fba5cf2e5507894bb146fce054be4.jpg

450708204_WetRunway..jpg.ffd39dc17618596491bb7dea09ee2446.jpg

678512279_DeeralToCairns..jpg.e92b0dc20ea0394635e72ca1d9570db4.jpg

G'day Frank,

Yeh, I'm also wondering what strip you used to take off - unless you have floats of course:laugh:

I received a nice little Vertex VXA-300 for Christmas. It is going in my T500 when it's ready. At the moment I'm monitoring Jandakot airport traffic with my headset plugged in. I look a right burke sitting here at the computer with them on too:loopy:

I ordered the handheld through Clear Prop shop here and it arrived within 2 days, just in time for Christmas. How's that for service - well done Ian and Corrine for the great service. I would recommend everyone give the shop here a try, you won't be disappointed.

Just had a look on Elders Weather for Jandakot - sunny with a 5% chance of less than 1mm of rain for the next week. Forecast temp today 38 degrees, then around 34 all week.

Stay dry,

Pud

Fair question guys,I thought I`d waite and see if someone asked it.....You did, so here it is.

If you look at the photo that shows the strip,you`ll see the two houses on the left of the photo.

Just to the right of the houses there`s a strip of land running to the east,it has some trees on the left side of it, at the far end.

Frank.

No chance of flying here, thanks to your present. I could get to the strip, I think, but the cloud is way too low. It may suit a friend who has a Petrel, when it clears a bit, but at the moment we have more water here than ever before.

water in abundance.

Fresh water, Undoubtedly the most precious of all commodities. Hard to acknowledge when you are floating in your kitchen.

SW of WA has had none and is in a heat wave with bushfires. Where I live (and have resided for 40 years,) I cannot remember having more rain than over the last 4 months at any corresponding time previously. It may save us from the threat of bushfires which took an enormous toll of life and property near here last year, and the Murray River has had a great flush.. The farmers have lost some of the best crops ever but the soils are being rejuvenated, for the future ( if you can survive that long). The flip-side of the coin....Just thinking aloud folks.... Nev

Guest Maj Millard

Looks like you've had a good soaking up there Frank. We've been waiting for the opportunity to go up to Ingham and spend some time at the property, but I can't see it happening for a day or two yet, with a bit of flooding around Ingham. Anyway getting a few things done around the house here in Townsville...between drinks I mean !..............................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I got a new watch and some socks and jocks.Bought the missis a brand new horsefloat with everything that opens and closes Quality Australian made(no crappy chinese chassis) I think she is chuffed (she never moaned when I bought the airplane so its her turn now)

All I want is a day or two of decent weather.

Dave

3am Christmas morning we got an ant plaque move into the kitchen. Expecting 20 people for lunch had to get up & deal with the situation. Surface sprayed everywhere then went back to bed. Got up 7am to more of the little buggers so wet the dishcloth & drowned the rest of them. Weather down here hasn't been to bad, sun is just coming up over the roof next door. Good luck to all our northern forumites hope the weather picks up for you all very soon. Cheers John & SUe

Received an excellent book from my boss. 'FLIGHT, The Complete History' by R G Grant. Compiled from the archives of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and the Duxford Imperial War Museum. Excellent photos and artwork from the pioneering years covering some of the lesser known pioneers to present day. Good research and layout avoids the repetiveness of history shown in other publications.

Ozzie

Forgot to mention earlier.

From my son Michael,I got a new EPIRB for my boat and for Frances and I, a dinner and live show of the history and building of Paronella Park,which is a famous local tourist attraction.

From my daughter Linda,I got a Christmas cake that she does for me every year.

From my daughter Susane,I got a Plump Pudding,also every year.

But most important of all, I got lots of love from Frances and the rest of the family.

Due to our road being flooded,we couldn`t get out to have Christmas dinner with all the family so we called up all our neighbours,who were also flooded in and we all sat down together.

On the flying side......At the moment I`ve got the Drifter up here at the house,I can jump in go flying as I want,weather permitting....I`m not farming anymore 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif.....Heck, what else do I want?

Frank.

For all those avid readers or those with partners that are avid readers.

Every trip to Narromine or Temora or any extended flyaway always resulted in my better half taking along at least 3 books of at least 500 pages. Out of interest I put one on a kitchen scale the other day and discovered it weighed in at just on a kg. Thats not an insignificant amount of weight to cart around so one of the gifts I gave my wife is an eReader.

Weighs 180g is less than 10mm thick so will fit into any side pocket in the aircraft and with 32gig of loadable books should keep her reading most of the way to Temora and back. If you're a member of your local library the books are free and here in Brisbane the library as well as our local Redlands library have literally hundreds of ebooks on loan aside from those you can purchase online.

These eReaders use eInk which is very different to reading on an LCD screen so may be worth considering if weights a concern.

Greg

Weight of books? Tell me about it. I've been packing all my books and mags to move from my flat in Sydney to home in Greta. Hells bells!!! Packed by weight 20kg a box 42 boxes.

My pressie to myself was a GOPRO HD. Pair of tickets to take the Missus to see Sting in the vineyards, an airplane ticket to Vietnam so she can take the cooking class she has been on about for ages. A thoughtfull gift from her kids was a gift book to choose from a couple of hundred resorts/motels ect on the east coast, a night for two. Just pick where you want to stay and book with the code number.