Evan's Head flyin 2011 - aka "Great Eastern flyin"

flying dog

Well,

Here is the thread.

I am going. Driving alas.

Departing Sydney Wenesday 5 Jan (evening/night) or Thursday 6 Jan (early morning)

Returning ......10'th-ish.

I would love to fly there, but after last year and getting home by the skin of my teeth, William town now restricted/active and having to use the corridore, and the forecast weather: I think driving is the safe option.

Wow this has snuck up on us - that time of year I guess. Will be down there, at least for an extended day trip if not overnight - still not sure about flying vs driving, I guess time will tell what the wx is going to do to us.

Guest aussie carl

I am SOOOOO looking forward to this event and hope the rains stops real soon as it will be very muddy under foot if it doesen't

Guest JRMobile

[ATTACH]12828.vB[/ATTACH]

This might explain why - it has been raining here since 8pm last night with more to come!

FLOOD WATCH FOR THE TWEED, BRUNSWICK, RICHMOND/WILSONS AND CLARENCE RIVER VALLEYS

Issued at 10:26 am EDT on Thursday 6 January 2011

Note: This Flood Watch is a "heads up" for possible future flooding and is NOT a Flood Warning [see note below].

An average of 40 to 60 millimetres of rain, with some locally heavier totals, fell over the 24 hours to 9am Thursday in the above valleys. While there is still a risk of flooding during Thursday, the main future flood threat will occur from next Sunday to Tuesday when further heavy rain is predicted for the NSW northern rivers.

The above catchments are wet from recent rain so there is a higher than 70% of further flooding developing during Sunday evening onwards in the following:

1. Tweed Valley - moderate flooding including local flooding in several areas including Chillingham

2. Richmond and Wilsons Valleys - moderate to major flooding

3. Brunswick Valley - moderate to major flooding

4. Clarence Valley - including the Orara River - minor to moderate flooding

Cheers John

1264891102_LocalRadar.jpg.856f0476ff255bdad799656a84a42aa6.jpg

Great Eastern Fly-In 2011 Cancelled

Due to very heavy rain and flooding we are sorry to say that this year's Fly-In has been cancelled.

We would like to take this opportunity to say a very big Thank You to everyone involved, planning on coming and our supporteers for all you efforts, assistance and 'flying in' to join us.

The next Fly-In will be on in January 2012 and we wish you all a very happy and joyous New Year and of course - See You There.

Copy and paste from the website. Damn, damn, damn - I was really looking forward to it. Looking at the forecast I'd have to say it is a good call and probably realistic not to try and re schedule this season, we're likely to see variations on this muck for a few months yet.

Guest aussie carl

ME SAD !

We have had similar rain here in Coffs.

2 inches between 6 and 8 pm yesterday then another 2+ inches over night