This should make your blood boil!

Methusala

Interesting thread, funny coincidence I received Peter Fitzsimons Book about Smithy for Christmas. I am half way through, what an amazing read!!

I am going to take a look at VH-USU for myself.

Guest Maj Millard

Yes thank you old koorelah,

I actually have the two written reports on both flights. The Keith and Ross Smith one was in a 1921 National Geographic, the other a book, great reading both of them. I wasn't aware they were Australian officers...Additionally Smithy left from the Oakland North field. There is a very nice monument in front of the old terminal building there honoring their departure. The old terminal building also hosted the likes of Amelia Earhart and Howard Hughes amoungst many others.The original Oakland North field still exists as a large GA facility, right next to the newer Oakland International airport which was built mostly on reclaimed bay land..............................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

david mason, I got caught in a $20 santa at work this Xmas. Drew one of the younger pilots. I like to give books, so it got down to Smithy or the life of Anglina Jolie. He's single so he got Angie. I have to get Smithy myself now....seeing the plane is cool !..........Maj...