BRS photos needed.

Kev

I am planning on giving a brief to the local Firies sometime soon on Ballistic Recovery Systems as installed on an increasing number of recreational aircraft, as they are likely to be amongst the first on the scene of an accident.

However, I lack any suitable photographs, as none of the aircraft here in Maryborough have one installed.

If anyone can help by sending any photos of installation, RAAus danger stickers, breakaway panels etc, I would be exremely grateful.

Safe Flying

Kev

Hi Kev,

This is a GRS but the principle's the same. The Rocket is housed in the smaller cylinder mounted on the larger one. Egress is to the right in this particular installation and there is a sticker advising the direction of rocket egress on the smaller cylinder.

[ATTACH]13195.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]13194.vB[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

Glen

100_2783.jpg.a5226b193871d3fc828584b2225a0ea0.jpg

100_2960.jpg.be877e331a6e2d47c8ca9daec6f71bf0.jpg

Have a look at this thread I started a while ago there is a few pics of one fitted to a Savannah in Italy...I look like fitting a 600kg version in my Savannah

http://www.recreationalflying.com/showthread.php/117098-Ballistic-parachutes

Mark

Hi Kev,

I think BRS used to have photos of installations on their web site, which no longer appear to be there. I know there were some in the brochure I picked up some time back.

Why not try emailing them (and any other manufacturers).

Mark

Hi Kev,

If you PM me with exactly what you want by early am tomorrow, I am flying the Skylark up to Rodds Bay ( Gladstone ) from Bundy tomorrow. I can take whatever photo's you want. Can you please include your current e-mail ( might not have it as we are having some computer problems at the moment, also do not have access to the hangar1 e-mail address ).

I can get shots of the break away panel and you can see the most of the unit from inside the cockpit. I have recently fitted a new warning label as my original had faded badly. The new one was supplied by RAAus, came with my last rego card / label. RAAus must be sending them to all aircraft owners that have chutes fitted so no excuse for missing or faded labels - good work RAAus!

If I don't hear from you before I go in the mornng, I will take a few pic's anyway so please still PM me your e-mail address.

Happy to help with your mission here because we still plan on flying into Maryborough now and then. Your work with these guys might save a butt one day and it could even be mine!!!

Cheers

Mick

Good idea, Kev. I have am producing a training video for the NSW VRA (Volunteer Rescue Association) on aircraft rescue. There is a section on BRS, which is perhaps the most likely hazard to emergency personnel. If interested let me know.

Thank you all for the snaps and info.

Old Koreelah, yes definitely interested in the training video.

The BRS website does contain a brief for disarming by emergency services. What I'm looking for are the visual clues that indicate the installation of these systems. Trikes are easy, but in the 3-axis aircraft the systems are generally out of sight. Add to that the confusion of a damaged airframe, and the imperative to possibly remove a pilot who may be unconscious, and it gets harder still. All photos and comments welcome.

Mick, Hellen has our current email address... 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Safe Flying

Kev

When you need to disarm one and the warning signs are not visible (or you don't know to look) ....... then I guess it would be very hard.

Quite a few have exploded on the griound. The results are not good.

• 2 weeks later...