Winsor68 went Solo Today

winsor68

Mike... would have like to stay for the Pizza's but it is also nice coming home to family. Everyone at home was pleased but non-pilots really don't get the true significance of a first solo... oh well. As you probably heard Murray called my Mum and Dad in Rainbow Beach while i was in the air and told them he had just sent their son solo... and Mum of course burst into tears with pride and Dad was over the moon. Just for a bit of history my dad was a GFA CFI for many, many years (according to what i have read from others elsewhere his GFA Qld Instructors Certificate was Number 01) and his dream was always to send me solo. Circumstances got in the way so... more than 20 years later... Our instructor was old GFA flying buddies with my Father and the other student who went solo yesterdays Father and Grandfather so it was a very special day all around for all of us.

The first photo is of my Dad kneeling beside the Mucha at a gliding Nationals in the mid 1960's and the second is my Dad taking Uncle DB's Super Cub for a fly. This Cub was the gliding clubs tow plane for many years... and on a sadder note was the last photo taken together of the two men who were my life long flying heroes.

992201361_DadandMucha.jpg.834b5b7c9bc5883437f4f57ef0c5696f.jpg

690079943_DadandUncleDouginSupercub.jpg.1b0124f856de5738ad7234f8ca74eb82.jpg

Guest davidh10
..I wonder what others on this forum did to celebrate their first solo?

Wore a silly grin for a day or two, then continued with the journey :big_grin:

Sorry Win, tagging in late here!

But great to hear you had a great day and a couple of flights! Awesome work Mate! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I hope you have many more to come! :thumb_up: