Narromine 2007 (NatFly)

Guest pelorus32

Guest pecram air

Spare Seat

My brave daughter cant come to Natfly so I have an empty seat from Bathurst to Narromine. The catch is 1 way only. Might suit someone who is car pooling. I intend to leave Bathurst around 0830 on Friday.

Phil C.

Pecram Air

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fred Bear

Phil,

I can be there 0830 Friday morning if Dave C can give me a lift back to Bathurst (or someone) on the Sunday??

Guest brentc

Now I don't want to advertise commercially here, however I was at Tooradin on the weekend and was talking to Eugene the CFI. As he is a board member of RA-Aus he has to go to Narromine for the meeting, so therefore the school will be closed for the Narromine period.

I asked about the aircraft that won't be used for the weekend and asked if I could arrange for a discount for forum members for the period which he agreed to. The J160's are taken but there are 2 x LSA55 Jabs with transponder and most of the gear going for $97 an hour. The great thing is that you can have them for more than just the weekend as they won't be needed. I would imagine that it will be hard to get hold of a Jab for this long from another school so it looks like a good deal.

If you need more info, please contact me or just ring and book.

Guest Fred Bear

Phil. You have a passenger (if you want me). I can arrange transport back on the Sunday and I will be at YBTH at 0830 (or before) for you. PM me and I will swap details etc with you mate.:)

Guest pecram air

Spare Seat

The first to answer was darrenmasters who's offer has been accepted. Darren will PM this PM.

Phil C.

pecram air

Guest pelorus32

Weather Narromine

For those travelling to Narromine here's the US long range model output for the coming weekend.

This one is 850mb (roughly 5000') winds plus temperature and RH.

http://wxmaps.org/pix/aus.850.html

This one is the SLP and the 1000mb to 500mb thickness - that helps to give you a view of how cold it might be with the 540 line being the border theoretically between rain and hail in precipitation - less is colder.

http://wxmaps.org/pix/aus.slp.html

If you revisit and just click refresh you'll get the latest update.

Regards

Mike

Guest Fred Bear

Thanks for the info Mike. A regular forecast here:

Warning summary

Forecast for Tuesday evening

Fine. Light to moderate southeast to southwest winds.

Forecast for Wednesday

Fine, mostly sunny. Light winds.

Dubbo : Fine, mostly sunny. Min: 16 Max: 29

Parkes : Fine, mostly sunny. Min: 15 Max: 29 Forecast for Thursday

Fine and sunny. Light to moderate south to southwest winds.

Dubbo : Fine, sunny. Min: 14 Max: 29 Forecast for Friday

Fine. East to southeast winds.

Dubbo : Fine. Min: 13 Max: 25 Forecast for Saturday

Fine. Southeast winds.

Dubbo : Fine. Min: 13 Max: 25

Lovely, but minus the winds all together please...:) Getting close now.

Weather looks great.Might be some moisture on the coast.

Good luck in your neck of the woods all.

See you there.

Ross

Darn smoke haze, the Monaro is socked in today and now their talking "mainly cloudy" for Thursday as well. Aaaaghh!!! GO AWAY 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif.

Paul

Guest brentc

Sounds like time to execute your PIFR (Private IFR) privelages - so private in fact, that nobody will know about it!

Hi All

Well I'm off to Narromine now so I will be off-line whilst I am on my way up and then will pop in every now and then to check things.

I have purchased a generator to make sure there is free coffee/tea for everyone at the Recreational Flying stand so look out for our flags that hopefully will not be flapping too much. In fact bring a chair so you can sit at the tables and have a chat to all the other forum members!

To all that are going PLEASE keep it safe, think twice about everything, ask yourself "Am I OK to fly today?" and DON'T succumb to the "Must Get There" attitude - I hope to see all of you to say G'day!!!

Happy Flying!!!

Guest pelorus32

Safe trip Ian,

hope to see you there on Friday. I'm leaving earlyish on Friday all going well.

Regards

Mike

Guest Emma Masters

Have a safe trip Ian, I won't be at Narromine so I have put my order in with Darren for a few things at the shop so please remind him when you see him...Thanks :)

Guest Emma Masters
006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif no actually Ross i'll be at the In-Laws farm waiting even better;)..I know ill be missing out though at Narromine, i had a great time last year there is always next year.