Narromine 2007 (NatFly)

Guest pelorus32

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fred Bear

That's ok. Twice as lucky. I will take you up on the offer JL but what Emma does when we are there, who knows. Ha ha 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Shame about the caravan park.

Thanks for the info JL.

Had a ring around Dubbo last week and there is still some (motel) room left. Couldn't get anything in Narromine. It's only 40K Dubbo to Narromine, half hour drive isn't too bad.

sadly i will now have to trailer my Vampire to Narromine, as my ground crew will be in QLD on urgent family business, and hence, no ground transport to take me to accommodation with family in Dubbo... very sad, but seeing as i have to tow her in, i do have a van, so the upside is i still can get accommodation on the airfield if im permitted to sleep in my van?

does anyone know if this is allowed in the car park? i wont have a campsite so to speak, as the van is big enough for a mattress and cooking equipment.. and being so close to the narromine weekend i dont like my chances of getting a spot in the nearest caravan park or campground.

Guest Juliette Lima

Hi Case and ultralights,

Thanks for the info on Dubbo....did that a couple of years ago and the daily trip to Narromine is an easy drive. Most motels etc. are requiring a minimum 3 nights accomodation however.

Re the carpark which is a grass area immediately alongside the camping sites, I was thinking of doing the same thing myself if unable to get a camping area. I think there is a small charge to get in, but once in I don't think people staying late are policed. Perhaps if you pulled over close to the camping area nobody would notice. There is an area set aside for exhibitors, and most of their vehicles stay there for the entire period.

Cheers,

JL

Guest pelorus32

Hi Student Pilot,

weather permitting I'm flying in on Friday around late morning and out again Sunday morning probably around 10.

Regards

Mike

Guest pecram air

Bathurst-Orange-Narromine.

My daughter and I hope to leave Bathurst (in the Hunter) about 8:30ish. If anyone would like to fly in company. I cruise at 70 Knts. This will be our 8th out of 10 Natfly and we still get exicited.

Guest David C

I will be driving ... Probably be there about midday on Friday and departing early Sunday morning . At this point in time I am still trying to persuade my wife to come along ..... May need some help from Emma on this one Darren ..;)

Dave

Guest brentc

Dept Mel 7am Sat, depart lunch Sunday. Direct at 138 knots @ 9,500ft (same as last year). Anyone can fly beside me if you can keep up! You'd need a CT for that perhaps.

Still looking for pax. 2 have cancelled. Too far for the GF. Will post if the usuals fall through.

Hi, I have just come across this discussion about natfly. Sounds like a great event. I am going to try to fly up and have a look probably on the Saturday from Camden. Does one have to book to fly in or just turn up ? Where can I find more information ?

Guest Fred Bear

Ian,

You do not need to pay you literally just fly in. You can find more info in the latest RAA mag (if you can still find a copy from the newsagent).

I will be driving ... Probably be there about midday on Friday and departing early Sunday morning . At this point in time I am still trying to persuade my wife to come along ..... May need some help from Emma on this one Darren ..

Dave,

I will be doing the same thing except I was on the doggo shift Friday night/sun morning. Was going to leave around 1am Sunday morning or so but I'm thinking I will take the Friday too mate as I will be missing too much if I don't. Now Emma has told me this, if Marilyn camps it Emma will be more than happy to camp it too. She was not too keen on the camping thing to be quite honest.Let me know asap Dave so I can book a few camping sites mate.

The plan with CT3841 is, depart Cooma 0800 Thursday, track Canberra, Cowra, Parkes to arrive YNRM around 1030 in time for the instructor seminars. Stay until after church and lunch on Sunday then back same way. While there staying with friends.

Really hope to catch up with lots of forum buddies while there. Didn't see any (apart from the ever-present Ian) at Avalon.

Paul

Guest Fred Bear

It would be good if we had name badges or maybe stickers with your name and user name so you can be identified and maybe write recreational flying forums underneath? I plan on doing something like that.

Guest bateo

I am also trying to get to the instructors forum on the Thurs.. But flying back home to Mudgee and Flying back again on Sat.. I am lucky only 35 min flight

Guest Juliette Lima

Hi Ultraligts,

I called the Aerodrome caravan park today and there are some unpowered sites available..."no need to book, we'll fit you in somewhere"....which translates to we'll enlarge the roped off area into the carpark to include those not requiring power.

I guess we will be legal now.....the facilities are worth a few bob to stay fresh.

Alternatively, you can camp under your aircraft.

JL

Guest Fred Bear

JL,Dave and others. Ok, this is confirmed now...phew ;) This is what I am doing. I am going to leave about 3am or so Friday morning (after work), drop Emma and the kids off at the folks property out of Bathurst.Should get me there about 6am.Aiming to be at NATFLY Friday morning about 9am or so. Look around all day, hopefully grab a few flights (esp the one with Wayne F in the Drifter), have a few cans, have a few more cans and then have that many cans that I will not care if the ground I am camping on with my tent is terribly hard.:big_grin:Hopefully do a demo of the ACARS system I mentioned on the Friday night (while uploading 500 plus pics to my laptop).I will have an inverter in my car for those of you that will be needing power.You can plug your household appliances into this.Take crap loads of video too.Then the Saturday morning/day (hopefully minus a headache) look around some more before driving off into the sunset Saturday arvo/evening back to Bathurst to stay the weekend.

Darren - I will have the Ern on, coffee, tea, biscuits etc at the Rec Flying stand/tent plus tables and chairs so you can base yourself there if you like

Guest Fred Bear

Ian that would be good.Thanks for the offer.I will take you up on it!I will bring the laptop and all my other sh@! there too.Maybe an acars demo for you there?My problem there will be power.Will you have some you can lend me?;)

Here are a few Narromine links for people:

http://www.auf.asn.au/market/calendar.html

http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/

http://www.narromine.nsw.gov.au/default.asp?page=98

http://www.auf.asn.au/notices/natfly07tradesites2.pdf

They are taken off my web page.

Guest David C

Final arrangements are taking shape here too . I will be travelling up there , hopefully arriving around midday on the Friday . I will probably be in the company of one of The Oaks characters , Fred . I am trying to persuade him to trailer his Sonerrai , but its only got about 1.5 Hrs flying time so far , and hes a little reluctant to tow it all the way just to have it sit on the ground . I will be staying till Sunday morning at this stage . I am sure we will share a few of those cans on Friday night Darren , and as you well know Fred will keep us entertained too .... Can't wait .... Roll on Easter .;)

Dave

Guest David C

Crazy Diamond .

I will driving up there early on Friday too . There should be no problems with the traffic if you leave early . The main bottlenecks are always around the Blue Mountains area , but usually its plain sailing . In the past I have found Orange -Parkes - Narromine to be the quickest , however , my son who travels those areas regularly has suggested I take the Lithgow-Mudgee-Dubbo route , he claims it to be shorter and quicker ... We will see . As for parking , there is more than ample at Narromine Airport , and you should be able to more or less pick your spot on the grassy area in front of the Aero Club . Hope to see you up there ... Hope this helps ..Safe driving .

Dave

Lookin good. I've just checked the long range weather forecast and it's showing Wed 4th with a huge slow moving high centring over Adelaide and reaching from west coast to east coast, so it looks like we might be in for a good Easter weekend. Fingers crossed.

Paul

Guest Fred Bear

Excellent stuff!:big_grin: (weather-wise) re the travel I have done that route many times (by road).If coming from Sydney I always found the fastest way to be straight over the Blue Mountains, Bathurst, Orange, Wellington, Dubbo onto Narromine (but your call).