Ripped off blind and there nothing we can do..

Guest Fred Bear

Good Lord. You are up near Lightning Ridge right? Our prices in down town Sydney are not too far behind. Does not make sense.

Where I live in Central Queensland, for me, petrol per litre fluctuates between $1.05 and $1.10.

You would have all heard the saying it will run on the smell of an oily rag, well I have another which I gleaned years ago from a sticker on the back of one of those 2 or 3 cylinder French jobs, I think a Citrone, if thats how you spell it. It said save on gas and fart in a jar as it takes you much further in one of these than the smell of an oily rag will. Anyway, it was something like that but it has now given me an idea.

Don't they have installed under the seats in Parliment House exhaust extraction units to take away the after effects of those long lunchs in the Parliamentary eatery. Could it be the case that our pollies may be in a very good position to assist Australia by supplying copious amounts of free gass to industry in our democratic domicile which may be of some help in reducing the price at the bowser.

"Fart in a jar daily and save energy" that could be our Paliamentary national slogan. Or "Pollies get behind the energy crisis with a national outpouring of methane support".

We all know that hot wind can turn a turbine, then why isn't Parliament House our biggest power station?

Guest danda

You know as crazy as all this sounds its not a bad idea, back many moon's when I was a pimply faces teenager a group of Army engineers got together and converted an FC Holden to run on methane Gas supplied by of all things pig manure.

They replaced the standard fuel tank with a stainless steel tank half filled it with pig manure added a chemical to aid in the breakdown of the manure then pressurised the tank put it through a gas regulator and off they went.

Methane Gas is highly volatile just 5% underground is cause for alarm throughout this great land we have Rubbish dumps just rooting away producing vast quantities of methane Gas out sewage systems are another source of methane Gas and as long as there is people these supplies will never run out.

Don

Marvelous isn't it. Biloela gets fuel about 5c a litre less than Gladstone and it is trucked from Gladstone to Bilo.

I will make a point of fuelling in Bilo when I go to Kroombit Tourist Park next weekend.

Guest Fred Bear
Darren please don't insult the poor old humble blimp at least it's good for something unlike that other thing.

Very true Rick. I'm sorry 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nomad

Why are people surprised that oil companies charge high prices for fuel? They're not a public service, they're companies which exist solely to make a profit. If you're going to buy fuel at the prices they set then why on Earth would they lower the price?

Why complain about oil companies being "greedy"? That's their job. In fact, it's illegal for them not to do anything that would generate higher returns for their shareholders.

It is true that Oil Companies are not a public service, and are individual business's that compete with each other to sell the same/similar product to a customer that has come to almost totally rely on fuel to exist.

Fuel will rise in cost more than it will fall as sure as the sun comes up in the morning.

To Fly we need Fuel and some of us need plenty of good quality fuel to stay flying safe.

I would just like the oil companies to realy compete with each other not play us, the general public, for fools pretending to have competition.:;)5:

Guest Fred Bear

How convenient too that fuel is forecast to hit the $1.40/L mark for the Easter break?Fantastic with having to drive to Narromine this yr 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

"Greedy" be danged... oil companies are the living definition of the word Greed, followed closely by any federal govt because of the taxes they harvest..

There is a big difference between responsible corporate profits for shareholders and extortionate greed, which is always seen prior to public holidays and weekends.

Ben

Guest danda

You know we complain about the oil companies being greedy however Mr Howard and his mates are in fact double dipping when it comes to tax on fuel with excise and gst they are as greedy if no more so than the oil companies and to use one of Mr Howard's own sayiings "its simply un-Australian.

Don