Ripped off blind and there nothing we can do..

woke this morning, drove to the servo to fill my Diesel van, $1.55 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

a record $100 a tank! not bad for 70 ltrs!! 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif not only that its a 10% BIODEISEL MIX! so the oil companies sell 10% less diesel and charge the same price.....088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif

so of course when i get home, check oil prices, In Singapore, only to see the price has risen just $1.60 a barrel, or about 5 cents per litre. How on earth do they justify an increase of 26 cents then????

i have never stolen anything in my life (except a pen once) but i was tempted to fill up and drive off, whats good for the goose right!

and the oil companies have the arrogance to tell us THEY are suffering....

it wasnt long ago Oil was at $70 a barrel and fuel priced didnt get this high, today its at just over $60.......

rant off.....

ps, i think i might sell some Maquarie bank shares and start accumulating Oil company stock....

When you have a monopoly, you can do as you damm well please, I guess. Down here in SA, all prices are up for this holiday long weekend, irrespective of oil company.

You can afford a new plane AND shares. Lucky you ;-)

Guest Fred Bear

Yeah I hear you ultralights. I know what you mean about the drive off thing! Ha ha. I probably would if I did not have so many a/c stickers on the back of my car.Would stand out to the cops like dogs thingys.:ah_oh:I fill with that United 10% ethanol blend now. Always pic that up for $1.05 or so.We really need to start looking at alternate fuels and also the ACCC needs to have a re-visit to what servos are charging people.I have a 72 l tank in the Pulsar and to pay $1.40 hurts.

Can you imagine what would happen if we could organize everybody to only use the one brand of petrol?

The price would have to drop, wouldn't it?

20 million votes out there if only we could get organized.

(sigh)

regards

When the forums get a bit bigger - probably about 1,000 active members - I am going to look into trying to get a Recreational Flying Fuel Card for members to get discounted fuel - if the need is there that is

Guest Fred Bear

It has been said many times before. All stick together and use the one servo brand. I think alternative fuels are a good idea too. I also think that the ACCC should do more about it than they do and also the NRMA. Motorists are simply sick of being ripped off at the pump. I mean, if it is a justified increase fair enough but it's simply people like Caltex,Mobil etc etc raping us with prices to increase their profit. Ian, you idea is a good one by the way.

The ACCC should be able to do something, as thay did a couple of months ago. It would have seemed that fuel pricing was clearly in there sight. The price of fuel went down at least in South East Queensland while the Singapore price increased just a little. Can't Remember what the die- price did during all this.

Reg.

The ACCC can't do anything except try to big note themselves. There has to be price fixing collusion or something criminal for ACCC to act and we are supposedly a free enterprise state.

When I said try Caltex, I meant buy there shares,although I don't have any of them.

South African prices

We thought we were being robbed here: (went up on the 7th March 23 Sa cents)

Coastal Unleaded 95 octane about $1,10 c

Diesel (cleaner) about $1,07 cents

obviously its exchange rate related, Petrol price is Government controlled but Diesel is not and can be drastically discounted depending where you buy. A two tier system is in place as we have Gauteng (Jhb) which is more expensive and 93 octane as at 5,000ft it doesnt need the higher levels as on the coast.

Ciao Paul

Guest danda

I have always believed that the ACCC is a toothless tiger setup to give the impression of something being done.

Each and every time people complain loud enough they come out of their little box wave the bid pretend stick all over the media and when the heat is off they slip back into their little box until the next time.

For years we have been told that our petrol price was determined by the world oil price just recently they told that it is controlled by the Singapore oil price and the con goes on.

I think the thing that bothers me most is that this rip off is being condoned by both political parties, I remember when Bob Hawk was campaigning to became Prime Minister in one of his speeches he promised to cut the price of petrol in half and of course nothing was done.

Many years ago I worked in Brisbane within the transport industry where a friend of mine came down from Katherine NT with these massive rotter blades I asked him where he got them from and he said that they belonged to one of the oil companies helicopters, the had found the largest deposit of oil ever found in Australia and they kept it quite and caped it off.

That’s the kind of deceit we are faced with.

Mr Hawk claimed in his speech that Australia could be 90% self sufficient on it’s own oil reserves he was soon shut up. With the introduction of the GST we now pay fuel excise and GST on the one product double dipping and they have the hide to put all the blame on the oil companies.

:angry:The whole issue stinks and it doesn’t matter who you vote for they will do nothing to ease the financial burden created by these greedy grubs that control our mobility.

Don 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

Guest Fred Bear

Petrol prices expected to settle

By Alia McMullen

March 16, 2007 048am

Article from: AAP

PETROL prices are once again burning a hole in motorists' hip pockets, but prices at the bowser are expected to settle in a few weeks.

Pump prices recently hit their highest level in more than six month, with prices up by as much as 20 cents in some areas to about $1.30 a litre.

CommSec equities economist Martin Arnold said several factors led to the latest jump, but most of the increase was due to price rises by refiners amid a lack of supply.

"Refinery shutdowns and maintenance in the United States have reduced supplies of gasoline, and increased Chinese demand has also pushed prices higher," Mr Arnold said.

Refinery maintenance in the US is usually carried out twice a year to prepare for the different needs for the summer and winter months.

However, the shutdown of the Valero Energy refinery in Texas on February 16, due to a fire, has added to this season's drop in supply. The plant is not expected to begin partial operations until late April.

Mr Arnold said the lack of supply would most likely keep petrol prices high over the next week, but prices were expected to settle as refineries in the US came back on line.

"Barring any further complications and supply shortfalls, prices should start to move back down once supply moves back on stream," Mr Arnold said.

He said prices could settle at about $1.15 to $1.20 a litre.

"That seems to be a fairly stable level when oil and petrol is at more normal, stable levels," he said.

While part of the problem leading to the recent spike in petrol prices comes from higher refinery prices, the rising Singapore benchmark price of fuel - by which Australian fuel prices are based - has added to the overall higher cost of petrol.

On top of that, the weekly price cycle followed by many petrol retailers in Australia has added to the recent sharp hip-pocket pain felt by motorists.

"As nearly all motorists in Australia have become accustomed to seeing, the price of petrol in most states and in most weeks, goes up and down," BP spokesman Chandran Vigneswaran said.

He said the cycle was a product of intense competition between retailers to attract customers.

This cycle has added to the recent sharp rise in petrol prices. When it came time for retailers to lift their prices - in most cases this occurs on about Wednesday or Thursday - they largely had to catch up with the higher refinery charges.

Retailers drop prices to attract customers, Mr Vigneswaran said. But with those prices too low to sustain a profitable business, prices are then raised to offset the discounting.

"We need to maintain a profitable business," Mr Vigneswaran said.

"(We need to cover) costs, whether it's transport costs or employment costs or electricity costs, or all the different costs that exist in order to run a petrol station."

Mr Vigneswaran said about 60 per cent of motorists took advantage of the price cycle, choosing to buy their petrol on the cheapest days of the week, in most cases a Monday or a Tuesday.

"Over time this is a phenomenon that Australian motorists understand pretty well," he said.

However, Mr Vigneswaran said the price cycle differed between capital cities and was different or, in some cases, non-existant in some regional areas.

Guest danda

You know I believe that these people must have a diploma in excuses just as soon as they pass the international school of crapola. It’s the old saying if you cant dazzle them with truth confuse them with bull Sh--

Don

Aint THAT the truth.... :big_grin:

A couple of years ago, I used to be a friend of a Caltex rep. I asked him why the average price of petrol in Echuca was 10c a litre higher than Shepparton (supermarket discounts not included) and an average of 15c/l higher than Bendigo.

He didnt answer.

Then I asked him how come the prices in Echuca were within 1cent of each operator, and how come the prices changed in town at the same time.

He didnt answer.

Then I said to him to do the maths.. If he was serious about getting people to do their shopping in town, then the prices were interesting. it was actually worthwhile taking a trip to Shepp or Bendigo to do the weekly grocery shop AND buy fuel at the same time.

He has'nt spoken to me since. :;)3:

Ben

another factor i have noticed is the OPEC nations themselves, the price of Oil was headed for the $50 barrel mark. whoohoo i was thinking, fuel to drop below $1! YAY, sadly not to be, the OPEC nations cant have that! reduce production! keep the price up....

wonder what would happen in the coal boom at the moment, why cant we form a Coal cartel, and when the boom starts to subside, we just stop production of coal... keep the price up...

In some ways im looking forward to the Oil running out (though it probably wont happen in my lifetime i remeber being told the oil would run dry in 2000, then 2010 etc etc.) as it will take the power away from the Middle east cartels... come to think of it, the war on terror might end then as well, with no oil, the western world will just pretty much ignore the middle east regions...

fortunatly there is a big enoug market in the car industry to make alternative tecnologies and fuels cheap, but what about out beloved aircraft??? thats what im really worried about....

on a side note, at a party last week, my partners friend, being the environmental type, declared me an environmental vandal for flying aircraft!! putting too much carbon into the air etc etc, of course, telling them the facts could not be done..... aircraft are evil, simple as that....very sad..

there was a report somewhere i read that a 747-400 series aircraft, loaded with 200Tonnes cargo, and 450 Pax (passengers) from Syd to London used the equivelent of 2.8 Ltrs of fuel per 100 Km per person.. How many cars are running around getting that kind of efficiency??? even my vampire will cover 170 Km in 1 hr for 11 ltrs of fuel.. or approx 6 ltrs per 100 km still better than my partners greenie friends Nissan Xtrail........

rant over...

Guest Fred Bear

It's not just the fuel thing (which shi@! me quite honestly) but the other taxes/fees on top. GST, Income Tax, Rego, Licensing and many many other taxes we pay all the time and don't even know it. Say you have a $700 wk pay, I'd love to know how much of that goes to the Govt. I dare say it would be quite a chunk ofcourse depending on your living habits etc but rest assured if you eat, you are getting taxed (unless you kill your own beast for a feed). :;)2: What also gets me is the ASIC card business. I have to fork out $130 to have one at work at Sydney Airport and then the same amount again so I can fly in and out of other airports with the Jabiru. Highway robbery!068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

with income tax, GST, Stamp duties, levies, and all other taxes on everything, i would be surprised if something near 70% of what we earn ends up back in government consolidated revenue.

sometimes i think our country and eceonomy do well just to spite all the govt fees and red tape...

fortunatly for me i run a courier company, so all my fuel is GST free... but still thats only 10% saving...

Just finished watching the news, Oil is now $57 a barrel, hmm looking back over my historical chart, petrol SHOULD be $1.03 a Ltr!!!!! :mad :mad :mad

Guest danda

There was an old saying that went "you work to live not live to work"

However now it should read "you live & work to support the government and greedy oil companies so live till you die".

Don