Navex Today

winsor68

I did my first solo Navex today.... Palmyra- Bowen- Collinsville (landed for a stretch) and then back to Palmyra via Eungala. 3.1 hrs. Didn't get even slightly lost. I saw a V tail Bonanza, 2 Wedgetails, and a Chopper... Seems to be a fair bit of traffic around over the coal fields here so have to keep a good watch out...

Tomorrow I am doing a similar exercise but in the other direction... Dysart, St Lawrence, Sarina and home.

• Like 4

Well done Don.

I should see you in the air soon. You have probably seen the progress on the hanger and i'm taking the skyfox out Sat morning. I've fitted new door skins to both sides and its has clears on the bottom door panels now. Will be able to get back to the real fun stuff soon.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1

Well done Don.I should see you in the air soon. You have probably seen the progress on the hanger and i'm taking the skyfox out Sat morning. I've fitted new door skins to both sides and its has clears on the bottom door panels now. Will be able to get back to the real fun stuff soon.

Cheers

Mike

You will have to let me know when you are holding your hanger opening party... will drop in.

You will have to let me know when you are holding your hanger opening party... will drop in.

Win

We've only finished the 12 by 12 bit and both ends are open. The rest of the material for the 8 by 12 bit sould be delivered tomorrow the 6th all going well then we'll need to rerect that part then we should welcome it. 20 m by 12m by 4m high will be a good size for our group with 4 aircraft at present and a fith some time soon. Its been a bit of a drag getting it to this stage but we're there nearly. I'll be glad to have the Skyfox out there and back in the air.

I plan to do a flight with Matt sometime next week as I'm keen to experience the Sav.

Enjoy tomorrow.

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

I went the other way today... Out over the coal fields to Dysart, across to St Lawrence then up the coast and home. Was another beautiful flying day. I did a check flight and got signed off on my Pax endo today too...

• Like 1

I have given my Wife the first option. Unfortunately, the weather has been s:censored:t recently so I haven't been able to take her up! bad_mood.gif.04f799b8c2da677a1c244b54433f2aa7.gif

All the best for tomorrow. Please let us know how it all goes!

Good onya Don...can see you travelling afar very soon now...come down to Melb for a visit :big_grin:

I need a Goodyear midget racer first Ian... Melbourne is a looong way at 80knots.

Yes, but what a trip...hide the GPS and you will really hone those nav skills mate...Broome is good this time of year 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Like 1

There is all sorts of possibilities... I just took my first Passenger for a 40 minute local flight... Very enjoyable and this is what it is all about. I am fortunate in that the airstrip is only 20 minutes drive away so only need a couple of hours to nip out. And for $90... !!! You would be crazy not to love this...

There is all sorts of possibilities... I just took my first Passenger for a 40 minute local flight... Very enjoyable and this is what it is all about. I am fortunate in that the airstrip is only 20 minutes drive away so only need a couple of hours to nip out. And for $90... !!! You would be crazy not to love this...

Awesome stuff, Winsor! Did you or your passenger get a chance to snap some pics? 039_private_eyes.gif.ee730e198261239d6248af84b953d95f.gif

I'm looking forward to being able to share costs, too! 023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gif

Mike... I saw the new hanger today as I flew by. Looking good. Was tempted to drop down for a closer look. Does the owner live on site? Whats the protocol?

Hi give me a call and i'll give you the run down. 49549818. Also I get a list of the aircraft call signs and mobile phone numbers for you. Also the sky divers are there most weekends and they give a local call and then a call to Brisbane. Also i'll add the sav call sign to my list. Its not typed yet but I should do it tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1