Learning from history?

pudestcon

I always believed we learned from history.

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero- 55 BC.

Apparently not!!

Considering what happened to the Romans, the old boy may have had a point! 'Bout time we had some clear and unsentimental thought applied to where this whole runaway train is headed - we cannot keep throwing money at unproductive societies in distant countries, only for them to breed themselves into famine again and again. Arrgh, sorry this is the humour section, I guess I've got too much time on my hands at the moment.

Arrgh, sorry this is the humour section, I guess I've got too much time on my hands at the moment.

Hehehe Spin,

I did consider posting this in a more 'political' section, but you have provided me with a laugh anyway, so it's worked!!

Pud

Buffett, the world's third richest person, argued that cutting the "extraordinary" tax breaks given to the wealthy would not inhibit investment or job growth

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/83086,people,news,warren-buffett-mega-rich-should-pay-more-tax

Yeah... that Marxism is really messed up... Our system of giving massive tax cuts to the wealthiest is much better and seems to be working so well for us all... lol

The real criminals? You can't blame the rich in America for the tax breaks, surely?Isn't it the voters who elect the governments that make the laws? And there are more people who are not rich than are.

Oops, I just checked the thread section. Seems it is supposed to be "Aviation Laughter" . . . nothing to funny in this stuff.

Yeah right Blackrod... The poor majority voted to give massive tax cuts to the wealthiest... they voted for it because it was obvious it was such a good idea they came up with... lol

In Australia its the same... Massive tax cuts to the wealthiest among us in the last 40 years... Most of us never noticed a thing... and didn't vote for it because we aren't that wealthy.

I have to admit I am worried about the US government. I read this week that the USPS is running @ a $3 billion a year loss. If they shut down the USPS that will kill the lowest cost option for freighting stuff out of the states.

what a bugga 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

I have to admit I am worried about the US government. I read this week that the USPS is running @ a $3 billion a year loss. If they shut down the USPS that will kill the lowest cost option for freighting stuff out of the states.what a bugga 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

I hope the US government won't shut down the GPS system. So far the world has had this service for free, fully funded by the US taxpayers.

I hope the US government won't shut down the GPS system. So far the world has had this service for free, fully funded by the US taxpayers.

Yikes... I'm gunna go dig out Dad's maps and stuff. And brush up with my compass, clock, and grease pencil. Just in case. 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif