Anybody have recent info on the following 2 QLD airstrips

davebutler

Guest Andys@coffs

search for it on these forums, I asked about it here about 2yrs ago and got a complete set of rexponses that to me seemed to jell down to, if you need to ask how much then this is not the club for you.....

EDIT: Just did what I suggested and that didnt work so well for me....found it eventually, try here http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/monto-2010-raaus-northern-flyin.11208/page-2#post-112415

Andy

mmm Mason field...I asked about membership and was told $20000 (yes that's right ) for full membership or $300 for a social membership for which they "might" tolerate 2-3 landings a year ,"but don't make a habit of it!!,

They must be the wealthy light aeroplane owners that Qantas crapped on about in their submissions on ATC charges recently. I knew they had to be somewhere and now I know.

kaz (who ain't been there and never gunna)

Land on the grass at Kooralbyn, bitumen runway is unserviceable. It is a ghost town these days, fences up around hangars. Something to do with council. Mason field is definitely on the other end of the spectrum, but is a private field.

The hangar at Kooralbyn is up for lease, probably something to do with Peeps buying the Old resort.Thats all I know, my parents live at Kooralyn.I landed their about 2 months ago.No one around.Land on the grass beside the bitumen runway as Davey has mentioned.

Mason Field Southport - Was told not very friendly if you drop in for a look around?????Koorralbyn - When last there, about 12 months ago, was fenced off due to being in receivership ??

Mason Field Southport - Was told not very friendly if you drop in for a look around?????Koorralbyn - When last there, about 12 months ago, was fenced off due to being in receivership ??

Hi Dave, delivered my jab their to it's new owner there a mth ago, bitumen is no go with pot holes, there's a particularly nasty couple about touch down as well. Grass left to the east is best. I can put you in touch with with Reece and georGe their by pm if interested . This strip is not for low Hr inexperienced pilots as se turbulence and tight approach makes hard work. I believe the guys are trying to get it back to it's former state when Peter Reid taught there. I jumped there for many hrs and flew drifters etc. The tiger boys at boonah can give you the heads up on it as well.