USA hours

Hey,

I was just thinking, on my USA trip earlier this year, I went for a glider flight in Boulder for fun and to see the rockies by air http://www.milehighgliding.com/ and I was wondering if it counts as lesson time? I mean, I was in the front seat, I flew the thing for most of the time (didn't land it, their technique is scary [i've flown 3 axis and taildragger, but one wheel is WRONG]), and had a good discussion about the differences between power and sail, so it might as well have been a lesson.

So what's the law there?

Does anyone know? It would look good to have in my logbook.

Sweet, its only 20 mins, but it another type to add to the list, and I honestly learned a heck of a lot about gliders. I mean, it was meant to be a scenic flight until the thunderclouds covered the mountain so we couldn't see them and just spent the time playing with the plane.

I have a lot of hours that I haven't logged. The reason being that If I had to present my logbook to a prospective employer and explain why I included some "dubious" hours it would degrade the whole "integrity " of the way I do things. I do however believe that anything you have done in aviation should be able to be shown in your log book, because it is your record of what you have done. Legally though there are some constraints. Nev.

I have an overseas GA log book, an Australian GA log book, an Australian Recreational Flying log book and an Australian Gliding log book.

Not sure if they were all necessary however, they are convenient and separate my different types of flying.

Alan.

That's not a bad idea Alan, I had to split my RAA and GA time for an insurance company the other week, and it was a little annoying going through my book and working them out. Bit late now to do it, but anyway.

You may have to do that from time to time Tomo. temporarily attach each summary when you do it, and state the date that it applies up to, so you don't have to go all the way back to the beginning, ( as I have had to do several times) and I'm on my 4th logbook, so it can become a bit of a chore.. Nev

• Like 1