Why ground

hendonguy

Depends on what was the cause of the accident I suppose, or what the accident was. "A few passengers missing" seems very queer - was the accident a crash?

btw I've flown in a few D8's in PNG

Tomo... A Skytrans Dash8 crashed in PNG. I hear 28 on board... A flight crew and a cabin crew survived? That is what we have heard at work. They were operating as per normal out of Mackay at least on Thursday.

http://www.solomonstarnews.com/news/business/12528-dash-8-groundedWhy ground a complete fleet of aircraft known for there safety

There's mention of fuel being quarantined.

If that fuel has been accessed by all the aircraft, there's nothing for it but to ground them and remove any contamination/damage from each one.

That's an action a safety conscious operator would be happy to accept, and it would tend to enhance their reputation.

• Like 1

Since there is a significant cost in doing this I would expect there was a good reason for doing it. There is some suggestion that there was an engine fire . If that is the case then it is reasonable to ground the fleet. This happened if you recall with all the A-380's that had the uprated RR engines fitted. I think that the people involved know what they are doing. They have to justify it in the end. Nev

Isn't there a family conglomerate of companies running the North Australasia routes. If they still do in fact own Skytrans I extend my syypathies... The impression I got was they were a fairly small close knit group who had done time flying those little old Dashes into all sorts of challenging places. These were bound to be pilots of the highest calibre or they would not have been there.