Sadler make Vampire two seater

Litespeed

Sadler who use to make the nice metal single seat Vampire have finally come up with a two seater.

Looks good and the price is right. Nice to see another LSA using Jabiru's 120hp motor.

I always liked the original Vampire and this is a cool 2 seat version.

Phil

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were a no show at this years Airventure. What happened also to the new single seat version that was to be made in Wollongong? Bust as well?

The Australian side was making them at Illawara from a while with council backing but then it all seemed to go quiet.

I was hoping when I saw the video that they might have still be operating and soon to release.

Damn, looks like a good idea.

As far as cooling goes? I am not sure, with adequate design it should work. But many fail to make a pusher cool well.

A set of Rotec liquid cooled heads should solve it if needed. But alas if its a dead duck......................

Phil

The LSA market is pretty well flooded now. You would have to come up with something really special to make it big now. More going bust than starting up thesse days.

Its been for sale from at least March 2010.Thats a long time on the market with no buyers.I wonder why?. But for $50 K.Its sounds good, just for the a/c alone. I wouldnt bother with development/ production .As Ozzie has already mentioned. There are heaps of different LSA manufactures out there around the world.Way to many, for the quantity of aviators who are in the market to buy one.

Off Topic-There is a F4U Corsair for sale on Barnstormers, for a only $3.8 million. For anybody here interested in it.lol

• Like 1

Getting it into production would be a nightmare... this 2 seat Vampire has lemon written all over it to me...

But... I am still a dreamer... I reckon they would have more success with the single seat Vampire. Flying schools should be screaming out for simple single seat machines the weekend flyer can hire for $100 per hour...

Guest Maj Millard

I thought I heard where bill Sadler had sold the 2-seater to china ?...or was it some engine he was developing ????

There was that 2-seater prototype that was put together at bankstown by the then Vampire dealers, in the 80s. Only one made and it was advertised for sale in Sydney a couple of years back.

I actually got a look at the 2-seat prototype at Bankstown as it was nearing completion, and I thought at the time that it had a lot of potential. It certainly looked better than the current one, anyone know what happened to it ?.....................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif