help please

Guest ozzie

Could someone who can find their way through the CASA maze be able to help me with the following regs/dotars or where ever they put it these days with the following;

rules covering interference with aircraft and or associated equipment and penalties.

seems someone tried to force their way into my lazairs trailer where it is stored on a private airfield.

I just want to placard it as a warning quoting the above.

Thanks muchly if any one can help

Aviation Transport Security Act 2004 http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2011C00191/Html/Text

Division 5—Unlawful interference with aviation

10 Meaning of unlawful interference with aviation

(1) Any of the following done, or attempted to be done, without lawful authority is an unlawful interference with aviation:

(a) taking control of an aircraft by force, or threat of force, or any other form of intimidation or by any trick or false pretence;

(b) destroying an aircraft that is in service;

© causing damage to an aircraft that is in service that puts the safety of the aircraft, or any person on board or outside the aircraft, at risk;

(d) doing anything on board an aircraft that is in service that puts the safety of the aircraft, or any person on board or outside the aircraft, at risk;

(e) placing, or causing to be placed, on board an aircraft that is in service anything that puts the safety of the aircraft, or any person on board or outside the aircraft, at risk;

(f) putting the safety of aircraft at risk by interfering with, damaging or destroying air navigation facilities;

(g) putting the safety of an aircraft at risk by communicating false or misleading information;

(h) committing an act at an airport, or causing any interference or damage, that puts the safe operation of the airport, or the safety of any person at the airport, at risk.

I have not found the penalties for people who unlawfully interfere with an aircraft, this Act spells out the penalties for responsible people who DO NOT report these security breaches.

Sue

Aviation Transport Security Act 2004 http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2011C00191/Html/TextDivision 5—Unlawful interference with aviation

10 Meaning of unlawful interference with aviation

(1) Any of the following done, or attempted to be done, without lawful authority is an unlawful interference with aviation:

(a) taking control of an aircraft by force, or threat of force, or any other form of intimidation or by any trick or false pretence;

(b) destroying an aircraft that is in service;

© causing damage to an aircraft that is in service that puts the safety of the aircraft, or any person on board or outside the aircraft, at risk;

(d) doing anything on board an aircraft that is in service that puts the safety of the aircraft, or any person on board or outside the aircraft, at risk;

(e) placing, or causing to be placed, on board an aircraft that is in service anything that puts the safety of the aircraft, or any person on board or outside the aircraft, at risk;

(f) putting the safety of aircraft at risk by interfering with, damaging or destroying air navigation facilities;

(g) putting the safety of an aircraft at risk by communicating false or misleading information;

(h) committing an act at an airport, or causing any interference or damage, that puts the safe operation of the airport, or the safety of any person at the airport, at risk.

I have not found the penalties for people who unlawfully interfere with an aircraft, this Act spells out the penalties for responsible people who DO NOT report these security breaches.

Sue

The penalty, is looking down the barrel of a shotty.046_fear.gif.84b83182244bd664b8a3a0c1e803f021.gif

These days Dazza, "providing the person looking down it is:(a) pointing and equivalent weapon at you

(b) his finger is visibly tightening on the trigger"

I know that Buddy.I used to carry a gun on the street legally, it was a part of my job.Just mucking around.

Although we did have a saying "Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif008_roflmao.gif.1e95c9eb792c8fd2890ba5ff06d4e15c.gif.

I dont know the penalties, but isnt tampering with aircraft a Federal offence?

Thanks Sue yes i found something along those lines. The Casa Ceo recently issued a reminder after there was a rash of 'interference' but having trouble finding that. Interested in finding the actual wording so i'll keep searching through the maze, if you don't hear from me by the end of the week notify SAR

yes it is a federal offence i think the penalty is 15 years minimum. hard yakka.

It may be easier to put a big sign on the back of the trailer that says. " This aircraft is protected by a Shot gun three days a week.You guess which three"augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

Keep em guessing where you are-

"This aircraft is protected by a sniper rifle, don't worry if you have not seen him- he has seen you"

Or

If you can read this notice- you are in a snipers sight.

Or

A red laser dot is on the back of your head- is it connected to a rifle? Touch the trailer, you will know!

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

Bloody Lazair thiefs Ozzie !!!..................the hide of them, beat them over the head with a couple of little carbon propellors !.................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Yes they do seem to be using bigger and bigger engines in those things all the time. Latest is a particular weed-wacker engine that seems to go very well. Give them another 10 years and they'll discover ultralights !!.........................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

'Desert' engines have been producing 100cc and 160cc single and twin cyl engines for some time. i did have a look at them for the Lazair but they need stronger crank and bearings.