GoPro Hero HD2

mAgNeToDrOp

Hi guys

Just got the gopro hero hd2 (motorsports edition) as an early xmas present from the missus ( God bless her :) )

Has anyone used it yet, got any remarks good or bad? I like the fact that it now has a mic in jack so you can record cockpit audio, which the previous versions didn't have. Nevermind all the other cool features. I've also gone for a 16GB class 10 SDHC card.

Looks like a demon little camera, can't wait to try it out. What's the best way to mount it in the cockpit?? - not game to mount it outside yet

I use a Gopro and got a mount high behind me so it covers the instruments and control column and as much outside as I can. Then I review my landings when I get home and I use a RAM mount on the lift strut for just taking videos or pictures.

I use a Gopro and got a mount high behind me so it covers the instruments and control column and as much outside as I can. Then I review my landings when I get home and I use a RAM mount on the lift strut for just taking videos or pictures.

Jeez Skip a member since 2007, with 27 posts.I would like to hear more from you.026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

These are a handy little mount that can be used on struts, poles etc with a bit of duct tape to help fix it in place

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Electronics/CameraAccessories/PRD~1705-102/uco-ultrapod-small-tripod.jsp

Also use the open rear door unless you have the moisture pads to put in the water proof housing... lost lots of footage due to fogging.

Hey Mag, I've been using the GoPro for over a year now, made some awesome videos and photos. I use iMovie on the Mac, it's easy and handles the footage well, also has a number of great SFX.

If you're mounting it on your own aircraft, use the 3M sticky mounts, they're so much better than the suction cup. The less attachements you use, the less vibration you may get.

I have a mate of mine who used it in the R-66 on a demo flight, he basically took the camera out of the cover and stuck it to windows with 3M double sided tape

See here

Play around with it, different mounts and places etc.

I took it up in the Texan a while ago and mounted it behind me on the canopy and it was solid as a rock!

If you get any hassles, give me a yell.

Oh and I'm envious as hell that you got the Hero2, I hear it's bloody amazing!!!

Guest Maj Millard

Magnetodrop, i know it was a gift and all, but what sort of dollar damage are we looking at for one of those ??.....Xmas is coming up you know ........................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif