Bluetooth pairing of iPad to Telstra phone?

Is there an IT guru out there who can please help me get my iPad 1 to talk to a Telstra EasyTouch Discovery 2 phone? I would like to use the phone as a modem on the iPad to use NAIPS when away from home.

Both units establish contact with each other, but the iPad comes up with "Connection Unsuccessful T2 is not supported"

The phone supports FTP and DUN profiles, but this is where the technospeak gets ahead of me!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

John Birrell:help:

Get a Bad Elf GPS reciever for 99 bucks! No 3g needed anywhere anytime. Get the NAIPS and NOTAMS from your iPhone.

Thanks, P4D

That would be great if I had an iPhone! Hence the request for connecting the Telstra phone. We who live in the sticks do not have the luxury of 3G phone coverage (or any other number G for that matter). The basic Telstra phone does all I need when I fire it up upon leaving home for more civilised surroundings. I have in the past used this phone with a laptop computer and a USB cable when I have needed to get a forecast or briefing. Now that I use an iPad with OzRunways, I would like to be able to do the same. But iPads don't do USB it seems.

Thanks to all who responded to my question. It appears that there are far more questions than answers! For the time being I'll stick with what I know works, and maybe eventually look into a smartphone. Meanwhile I look forward to the imminent release of OzRunways Flight Planning - this may well provide another alternative.