Hello from the states

ravalli flyer

'Discovered the Aircraft Pilots site from an interesting link on the Matronics JabiruEngine-List. I'm (very slowly) building a Zenair 601XLB, and I've got a Jabiru 3300A sitting in my garage waiting for an airframe. I'm hoping to get building again after the 1st. Will see how that works out. I need to spend more time in the shop and less time in front of the computer! Happy New Year to all.

• Like 2

'Discovered the Aircraft Pilots site from an interesting link on the Matronics JabiruEngine-List. I'm (very slowly) building a Zenair 601XLB, and I've got a Jabiru 3300A sitting in my garage waiting for an airframe. I'm hoping to get building again after the 1st. Will see how that works out. I need to spend more time in the shop and less time in front of the computer! Happy New Year to all.

With a 3300, it'll fly like a rocket once you have built it!

OK Ravalli Flyer get off this computer for a whole MONTH and then get back to us with details of your first flight including pictures. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif.

In the mean time 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif.

Alan.

enjoy the build enjoy the flying more easiest plane in the world to fly great engine too hot here to fly at the moment :thumb up:for me

Hi, ravalli flyer and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif.

I made a new years resolution that I would start building again after the 1st,and I have, but unfortunately it`s on the renovations I`m doing to the house! 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

I havn`t flown the 601 but I have flown the 701.

Cheers and all the best with your building.

Frank.

Guest Evan Hart

Welcome from another new member, very pleased to see members coming from around the world!

For everyone; I learned to fly in 1962, was taught by a former RAAF fighter pilot who flew P40 Tomahawks during WWII and who survived two shoot downs. He was the very best instructor I ever had the privelege of knowing, as well as being a very fine gentleman.

Most of my flying has been of the "bush" variety in the hotter parts of Australia. Now I live in Canberra where my wife and I are looking forward to the purchase of a new LSA latter this year.

Guest Evan Hart

Double thanks Gnarly Gnu. Canberra Airport itself is only okay if you have a GA license (I do). However there are a number of private airstrips around, two of them being less than 7km from my home. Tumut Airfield is about 45nm in a straight line from Canberra but is also a 2.5 hour drive from Tuggeranong. Goulburn Airport is about and hour and thirty minutes drive from Tuggers.. Canberra Gliding club has an aerodrome at Bunyan, which is roughly 85km south from Tuggeranong. It has two grass strips which are a bit rough but okay; I have landed there in a PA28-161 and a Beech Bonanza. The gliding club welcomes visitors provided that they are informed before you come. The gate is locked when there are no gliding operations. Polo Flat Airfield is on the eastern side of Cooma, about 95km from Tuggeranong. There is an RA-Aus flying school there which operates 3 Jabiru 170s. Prior notification to the owner operator of the airfield is required before visiting. When the school is not operating the gates are locked.

I hope that this information may be of some use to you one day. Should you ever fly into any of the aerodromes mentioned above let me know beforehand and I will be happy to pick you up and drive you back, as you may need. The two neary private aerodromes are off-limits for visitors due to insurance issues.

Best regards,

Evan.

Welcome from another new member, very pleased to see members coming from around the world!For everyone; I learned to fly in 1962, was taught by a former RAAF fighter pilot who flew P40 Tomahawks during WWII and who survived two shoot downs. He was the very best instructor I ever had the privelege of knowing, as well as being a very fine gentleman.

Most of my flying has been of the "bush" variety in the hotter parts of Australia. Now I live in Canberra where my wife and I are looking forward to the purchase of a new LSA latter this year.

Hi Evan

There is a lot of bush out there... what particular piece of it do you claim? 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

I spent a few years in the Upper Gascoyne of WA where fixed wing -- mainly C150 and C172 and PA18 - were used for mustering in winter. Summers were bloody hot and definitely not a good time to fly.

A warm welcome to you and your wife. Please send news of your purchase when sorted.

k

Guest Evan Hart

Hi Kaz3g,

Most of my bush flying was done in north west NSW, spotting wild pigs, identifying stray cattle, that sort of thing. Used a PA22 and C172. Later I moved to Sydney for more "civilised" flying in a Mooney M20 and then a Tobago. I really liked that Tobago as I could go from Bankstown to Archerfield in 3 hours. Very nice indeed

Thanks for the welcome; I won't be able to stop myself from announcing the new plane when I have it!

Tobogan ! I love flying the TB10

I used to fly a PA28 then a mate said "You pay $120 an hour for a plane that does 100kts. Why not pay $100 an hour for a plane that does 120kts." So, I did the CSU endorsement on the TB10. Did a heap of 'Brighton Departures' and a few navs then the AFTC decided not to hire out their planes to just anybody, so ended my TB10 flying. That was in the mid-nineties.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Guest Evan Hart

Hi StudentBiggles, Thanks for the welcome, it is itself most welcome. I assume that you are now a member of the Tumut Aero Club (I have been away and other things have also distracted me from logging on). I expect to be in Tumut sometime in the next 4 - 6 weeks and would be happy to see you. 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif