Need help !

Guest Deon

Hi Guys and Gulls ,

Is there any designers out there who has a little time to give me some guidence ? I am a pilot with a lot of ideas , but need someone to wack me against the head and direct me in the right direction with my basic designs .I am busy at this moment designing a footlaunchable glider , but need someone to work out the CG , stall speed of the craft before I start construction .If anyone is willing to lend a hand , please contact me . [email protected]

Best regarts and a happy flying new year

Deon

Hi Jake and Yenn ,

Not as fancy as the attachment .I am planing to build a Primary footlaunchable glider . That is the plan , but because I use only a short wingspan and if the take-off speed will be to high to footlaunch then I will use it with winch , tow or bungy launch .Safety is my main concern and performance come second . I like old design aircraft and has use the Scud 1 sailplane of I think 1920 as a model to start designing my glider . The specs. of the glider is as follow . Wingspan : 8,40 m , Chord : 1,20 m ( constant chord ) , Lenght : 4 m , Empty weight : 40 kg , Pilot weight : 77 kg , Horizontal stab . span : 2,44 m . Aitfoil : Wortmann FX 63 - 137 . The rudder and stabalizers is interchanchable and the same dimentions .At this moment I need to know the stall speed to deside if I can make it a footlaunch or just a primary glider .If needed I can post the basic plan with measuremants .

Thank you for your responce

Best regarts

Deon

You might look at other models to assists in your plans, if you haven't seen it already the Swift is along the same lines as what you are talking about, the speeds will certainly be relevant: it is foot launch-able on the right hill and barely foot land-able in nil wind http://www.aeriane.com/

http://www.flixxy.com/unusual-aircraft-takeoff.htm

More like something of this nature perhaps.

Thanks for the advice everyone .I did study the footlaunch gliders for some time . I did fly hanggliders for many years , chanched to paragliders , fly and build ultralights and light planes , have a sailplane lisence and has a Airforce back ground .I have study the Swift , ULF1 , Goat , Bug and Pig airchairs .I build my first hangglider when I was 9 years old from a photo I have seen in a mag .Build several Rogallos and other hanggliders , design and build a few trikes ,build a Benson gyroglider and later motorized it .build a Heath Super Parasol , build a Grunau Baby glider from 3-view drawings , I like building and flying and would like to build this glider I describe to you .Most of the aircraft I have build was from plans , only the trikes and hanggliders was my own design .I think I have enought knowledge to build it without help , but it is easier and cheeper to ask profesional people to help . I can build it , fly it in ground effect , move the wing or add weight if needed , but as I say it will save me a lot if one could work it out on paper before building it .I have build a scale model , but when I try to put it on this site it said the files is to big ? It is only 3 pictures . Is there another way to send it that you guys can see it ?

cheers

Deon

Hi Guys and Gulls ,Is there any designers out there who has a little time to give me some guidence ? I am a pilot with a lot of ideas , but need someone to wack me against the head and direct me in the right direction with my basic designs .I am busy at this moment designing a footlaunchable glider , but need someone to work out the CG , stall speed of the craft before I start construction .If anyone is willing to lend a hand , please contact me . [email protected]

Best regarts and a happy flying new year

Deon

I have not played with this so can offer no advice but try this link. It might provide a solution.

www.flight-dynamic-simulator.de/

Yes ,I got plans for all of Mikes gliders . Because I fly sailplanes , I like the more clasic lines of a sailplane and also like the portability of a hangglider .My design is build of wood and fabric , it has a very streamlined fuselage with high wing and all moving tail feathers .The Sadlin airchairs is more bulky , alumenium and fabric . His designs fill a gap in aviation but I like a more sailplane look glider . I tried again to post a photo of my scale model , but the site said the file is to big .

Cheers

Deon

Deon, dowload and install 'VSO Image resizer' , set to 800 x 600 and you should be ready to go. What you get in the download is a trial version but you can use it over and over again. I've had it for a couple of years now. Always make copies of your originals (option)

Hi Guys ,

Thank you for all the input .I have sorted the problem out and do not need more help in this case . I am now ready for the next step , starting collecting material for construction .

Cheers

Deon