Who makes better pilots? Boys or girls?

Admin

I would argue against that one as girls can NOT manufacture, they are born with the products...Males are the only ones that can actually manufacture from scratch to create the girls that are born with the ready made products that are waiting for the male manufactured goods to start the process again

I would argue against that one as girls can NOT manufacture, they are born with the products...Males are the only ones that can actually manufacture from scratch to create the girls that are born with the ready made products that are waiting for the male manufactured goods to start the process again

It seems like you have got it in for the girls there Ian.

Guest Howard Hughes

Rockwell Collins make a half decent pilot! It can fly my new aircraft and nag at the same time, it must be female...na_na.gif.fad5d8f0b336d92dbd4b3819d01d62e5.gif

The bias goes even to the autopilot. It was always called "George".

Women and men certainly have different psychological characteristics, in some areas. This is not an argument that I like to buy into, but affirmative action is like admitting there is a problem that has to be compensated for. If they want to fly, nothing is stopping them ( in most countries). I guess it just doesn't do it for most of them. Tinkering with gadgets is more of a blokey thing. Might be a higher percentage in gliding. Anyone know? There used to be quite a few jumping out of aeroplanes when I was dropping. Nev

Both are equal when it comes to that. Just depends on the persons personality and attitude as to whether they do it well or not, in both male and female.

• Like 1

Why make distinctions by gender? I find life is a bit easier when I treat the individual I am interacting with as a PERSON, rather than classifying them in terms of either male or female.

Some of the most natural pilots I have flown with have been ladies, my late first wife and daughter among them.

It was only 30 years ago that we observed the process that Deb Wardley was subjected to in order to get into the right seat of one of Mr Ansett's aeroplanes. It is exceedling rare these days than any exception is taken to the gender of the pilot.

• Like 1