crab and kick crosswind landing technique

Considering the approach speed of those aircraft, it must have been a fair old whack of a cross wind! Notice that most (though not all) still managed to put the nose wheel right on the centre line.

Would I be right in assuming that seeing as airliners have a very large surface area on their sides, crosswinds would affect them more than say this:

In theory the larger surface area would mean that the wind would be exerting more force, but then again there is the issue of inertia to bring into it...

Getting the wind under your upwind wing is a main concern with all planes. Always try to keep level or upwind wing down ( aircraft geometry permitting)

( One of the reasons I like hiwing.)...

Those approaches require a lot of concentration and considerable skill. Some people think airline aircraft fly themselves. What Bu***it. Nev

Hear Hear it was enjoyable but boy oh boy my legs were really aching afterwards as I was trying to adjust those imaginary rudder pedals under my computer table.

If you all play the video again you will notice that the landings have improved somewhat, after my input.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Alan.

• Like 2