First Solo

Guest Ross_Paine

Guest Ross_Paine

I flew my first solo today, with a grand total of 8 hours behind me.

I flew the Jabiru LSA-55 by myself around a single circuit and back to the ground.

It was pretty cool.. :p

Guest pelorus32

Hi Ross,

It's a great feeling isn't it? You'll remember it for a long time.

Good luck with the rest of your training.

Regards

Mike

Guest danda

Good on ya mate its a great feeling i will never forget mine and i'm sure you will remember this moment fot the rest of your life:clap: ;)

Don

Guest David C

Well done mate ..... you have now joined the ranks of a privileged few . Here to your continuing enjoyment in the open skies ;)

David C

Hey Ross,

Well done... You're making us all relive the memories of our first solos.... Mine was 32 years ago in a Cessna 150 and it seems like yesterday.... knocked the electric flaps up accidently on final without realising and went around when I had this funny sinking feeling... next approach was fine.

It's a magic day isn't it... as the others have said, you'll remember it forever like it was yesterday!

Regards

Wayne

Great work Ross, it's a real blast aye mate. My first solo I talked to the instructor all of the way even though there was nobody beside me nor did I have a radio at the time. My aircraft was a Quicksilver MXL (6 hours instuctional flight) and it didnt want to land because the instructor at the heat of the moment (departing the aircraft on the runway after 3 greazer of a landings saying "you bloodywell dont need me anymore, you're on your own") forgot to give me a lump of lead for counter balance. I STILL GET BUTTERFLYS THINKING ABOUT IT! I had to loosen my harness on short final so I could push the stick far enough forward to decend. I enjoyed a well earned beer after that flight. I have never had the adrenalin pumping so hard since that experience some 10 years ago.

No harm done just PURE LEARNING ever since. My only regret is that I should have got into flying much earlier in life and made a career of it.

Knighty