Rotax 532

Bill

Gooday Bill,

There was one in a shed near me - it was replaced with a Jab 2200, and to my knowledge was a ruuning concern at the time. I'll ring the owner tonight to see if it's still there and get back to you.

Guest Maj Millard

Bill, Not sure why you would want to go with a 532, other than it must be free !....The 532 was Rotaxs first Watre-cooled aircraft engine (single Ign). It was quickly replaced by the 582 Dual Ign which was really a better engine all round, with more capacity and HP, and a more developed cooling system, in the same size/weight package. The 532 has been discontinued for some years now, and I don't even know if you can still source parts for them. On the other hand there are lots of 582s around, and is still a current engine supported by Rotax..............................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Bill, Not sure why you would want to go with a 532, other than it must be free !....The 532 was Rotaxs first Watre-cooled aircraft engine (single Ign). It was quickly replaced by the 582 Dual Ign which was really a better engine all round, with more capacity and HP, and a more developed cooling system, in the same size/weight package. The 532 has been discontinued for some years now, and I don't even know if you can still source parts for them. On the other hand there are lots of 582s around, and is still a current engine supported by Rotax..............................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Further to the Maj's post, it's a certainty that the 532 crankshaft/rods assy is no longer available from Rotax although there are a few Rotax gurus in the US who profess to be able to supply 'rebuilt' 532 cranks??? Apart from that, I believe most if not all other components are still available via CPS or the like. Confirming that single spark plug and Bosch contact breaker ignition with the 532 vs dual plugs and Ducati DCI sparking in the 582 certainly make the latter a much more desirable hook-up even if it is considerably more expensive. Having said all of that, there are still a lot of 532-powered recreational machines out there that have flown hundreds of hours and that will continue to do so as long as they're looked after.

Guest Maj Millard

Yes they aren't a bad engine, I've also flown quite a few miles with them myself. Just more 582s around these days so parts are going to be easier and cheaper to source that's all...................................................Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif.

Gooday Bill,There was one in a shed near me - it was replaced with a Jab 2200, and to my knowledge was a ruuning concern at the time. I'll ring the owner tonight to see if it's still there and get back to you.

Gooday Bill,There was one in a shed near me - it was replaced with a Jab 2200, and to my knowledge was a ruuning concern at the time. I'll ring the owner tonight to see if it's still there and get back to you.

Any luck John? Thanks, Bill