BFR's

Possibly some of these requirements go further than CASA would require. Once you write words you tie yourself in knots.

"Legislation" if we can call it that, should have a sunset clause and have to be considered and renewed for it to remain there.

"Low inertia" aircraft could be listed and an appropriate process be created to cover the "recency" (IF NECESSARY)

A lot of that stuff is single seat anyhow, so go figure... Nev

• Like 1

David

Not my call - just posted the opinion of RAA ops at the time [about 3 years ago] in case the situaion applied to someone here (Note: this may well not be the current approach by RAA but worth checking if the situation applies to you)

As my current flying does not come into conflict with the stated ruling I just accepted it.

FrankM

The GA BFR must be in an aircraft of "similar performance" to RAA HP aircraft to be accepted [ref. RAA ops manager, Mick Poole at the time]He stated that a BFR in larger high performance GA aircraft would not be accepted. To be realistic the pilot of high performance GA aircraft would more then likely be doing an instrument renewal and not a BFR anyway, but not necessarily in all cases.

FrankM

If that is the intent of the RAAus then they should write it in the rules. Can an Ops manager override the rules (see my post #5)?

Kaz,May I ask why you chose to do your BFR in a Tecnam and not your usual aircraft being the Auster?

Keeps me honest!?? Opportunity to fly something else. Fun.

(I don't seem to be able to smilies on my iPad so just imagine a great big grin)

Kaz

..lot of that stuff is single seat anyhow...

CASA rules permit an AFR to be done in a single-seater ... read in conjunction with the rule about doing it in the type in which most of the recent flying has been done .....

I fly a single seater and last time I did my BFR it was in that plane, but I like to alternate and get an instructor to fly beside me, so that means a Jab or something similar which means I now have 2.9 hours Jab time in 4 flights, all BFRs. I wonder how good I would be at really flying the Jab.

Tomo has the situation covered for his flying.

I only do a CASA BFR and medical for entry to CTA as I only fly my RAA registered aircraft now days.

If you do a BFR with a CASA and RAA CFI then both happens at the same time in your own aircraft thus saves money which can then be used for fun flying.

In my retirement I only fly about 100hrs per year and find a BFR (AFR) just another legislated requirement but do it and it keeps the legislators happy.

I am passed fighting a system that I cannot change and just enjoy flying for fun.

FrankM

• Like 2