Fuel at Bourke without ASIC?

rdarby

Hi

My long saved for trip to the Comeroo Camel Station is now taking shape. Plane booked, money saved, accomodation sorted.

I am going from Redcliffe to Goondiwindi and refueling, then along the dingo fence to Comeroo.

But when I get there I will need fuel. Bourke has fuel, but is a security controlled AD. St George has no fuel, and I can't find anything else around there.

I have seen posts on this forum talking about fuel a Bourke. Is there any way to get it without an ASIC?

Cheers

Ryan

HiMy long saved for trip to the Comeroo Camel Station is now taking shape. Plane booked, money saved, accomodation sorted.

I am going from Redcliffe to Goondiwindi and refueling, then along the dingo fence to Comeroo.

Try Walgett

Phil

But when I get there I will need fuel. Bourke has fuel, but is a security controlled AD. St George has no fuel, and I can't find anything else around there.

I have seen posts on this forum talking about fuel a Bourke. Is there any way to get it without an ASIC?

Cheers

Ryan

I left Bourke for Cunnamulla at noon today and had to call the Supplier as the visa card was declined. The system apparently still has some bugs and often needs manual intervention. We eventually got fuel along with a Savannah from near Gympie. Other than this minor annoyance it is a very good set up. No interest in ASIC card .

Bob

Thanks guys.I've got a Shell and BP aero card, I hope they work there!

Ryan

I recall seeing a Shell card sign near the Visa,MasterCard etc. The latest ersa has the Shell agent mobile number. Make sure you have it? A visa card may be good as a back up

Regards

Bob

I understood that its ok to land and refuel at a secure aerodrome so long as you keep away from the rpt aircraft if there are any there. I've landed and refueled at many secure airports with never any issues so you should be good to go.

HiMy long saved for trip to the Comeroo Camel Station is now taking shape. Plane booked, money saved, accomodation sorted.

Cheers

Ryan

When I landed at Bourke, Oct 2009 the fuel pump was accessible without having to pass through any gates and thus no ASIC bullshite was needed. It should be even easier now as I believe the pump has visa card access (before it was the BP card only).

Guest Howard Hughes
I've got a Shell and BP aero card, I hope they work there!

Bourke fuel is definitely Shell card! The only reason I remember, is it's the only place I've had to refuel my own aircraft in the last 15 years...069_boring.gif.9cee54db3616ee9ac1231638d365dc2c.gif

• 2 months later...

Cheers

Ryan

Hi Ryan

I fly a j230 from Kadina S.A and have done the trip to Bundy a few times and there is no pr

oblem at Bourke. First of all there is nobody out there but there is a good departure lounge toilets and showers with a kitchen all free. If you have a credit card or a master debit card you dont have a problem also look up your ERSA and ph the fuel contracter rob you wont have a problem. As far as Saint Goerge goes you only have to ph there three days before and arange your fuel as they are very helpfull. They will even come out on Sunday but there is a $20 call out fee which you give to the person who willingly comes out . All fuel at Saint Goerge is cash only. I ph them the night before i leave for Saint Goarge ,the next morning to confirm that i am still coming and half an hour out. Everything is in your ERSA.

Regards

Ray

P.S

You dont need an ASIC card there unless you want to show it to the Camels. Maybe its time you aplied for an ASIC card cause if you go to Busselton W.A it has a sign on gates get caught without wearing it and its a $5000 fine

Bourke fule is definitely Shell card! The only reason I remember, is it's the only place I've had to refuel my own aircraft in the last 15 years...069_boring.gif.9cee54db3616ee9ac1231638d365dc2c.gif

Hi there is no such thing as a SHELL CARD any more only B.P and Mobil carnet cards.

Regards Ray

You can have a shell card if you are prepared to buy more than 20000 lts/yr. Damn, close but not that close. For us average fliers, no shell card.

Guest Howard Hughes
Hi there is no such thing as a SHELL CARD any more only B.P and Mobil carnet cards.Regards Ray

We have Shell, BP, Mobil, Aero Refuellers and Skyfuel cards, failing that I tell em to 'put it on the tab'!022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

The skyfuel shell card will not operate at the shell pumps. Ring skyfuel to verify that. My shell card from them, and every other one that I know of for a private operator was disabled about 12mths ago.