Ultra xl Question

Hi i have an ultra horizon xl panel each morning the instruments don't come on even though the system is powering up ,and by the afternoon they work ok??? i have replaced the battery but this has had no effect also after changing the battery the low fuel warning does not go off even whan disabled in the disable menu and all the fuel calulations have changed/ does anyone with any knowledge of this panel live in se qld (brisbane) that i might be talk to .

Cheers John

Please excuse my ignorence but what is anICJohn

An integrated circuit or "chip" a little black thing usually with lots of little legs on a circuit board.

An integrated circuit or "chip" a little black thing usually with lots of little legs on a circuit board.

Otherwise known as an "Incendiary Container" - they can have a habit of turning into a "loverly bubbly gooo" that generate copious amounts of black smoke.

• 3 weeks later...

Smoke is what makes IC's and transistors actually work. If the smoke escapes, they don't work anymore! Resistors and capacitors work on the same principle! John.

Smoke is what makes IC's and transistors actually work. If the smoke escapes, they don't work anymore! Resistors and capacitors work on the same principle! John.

They also have mirrors ... drop them and you risk breaking a mirror ... giving you some bad luck in the process. 079_throw_pc.gif.e071c8f36d135c7f050383c74279afc6.gif

Peter