Annual inspections

Does my 24 registered plane need a 100 hour inspection or can it be an annual inspection?

I believe it is whichever comes first.

Neil

Nev - Louis is correct, the period of the MR is calendar based only. Apart from ADs there are oil changes intervals (an AD mandates manufacturer's recommendations) and ....

That's fine. I was thinking of Oil Changes and other itens that might have an hours based servicing schedule. ( Like magnetos). There is the potential to do a lot of flying hours in a year in some operations. Nev

Yes there is, but not many people in the private category go over 100 hours. Commercial and Air work cats require the 100 hour inspection.

But this is for VH aircraft, my understanding is 24 aircraft still come under the which ever is first?

I don't know. I guess the current techman is busy. Perhaps he should get a helper temporarily at least? He would be the one to ask.

Comercial ops require an engine strip even if it has done little time at 5? years.or 10? Nev

If your talking VH The commercial ops life is 12 years since last bulk strip

The AD mandates the engine manufacturer's recommendations so the figure will vary. Lycoming is 12 years. Also, it is not related to a bulk strip but to an overhaul to manufacturer's requirements.