What date for the Rec Flyin

Admin

What date would suit you better for the first Recreational Flying Flyin?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What date would suit you better for the first Recreational Flying Flyin?

• 9th - 11th June (Queens Birthday Long Weekend)
    • 16th - 17th June
    • 23th - 24th June
    • 30th June - 1st July
    • 7th - 8th July
    • Any of the above EXCEPT Queens Birthday Weekend
    • Any of the above

Hi All

After some great feedback that the date of the first Recreational Flyin may not be right I have opened this poll to see which date suits you all better given that the location will possibly be either:

Port Macquarie

Camden haven

Kempsey

The location will need to be confirmed once we have the best date so please vote which date suits better.

If you have another date in mind then please post it here!

Hi Ian & All,

I have to say Port Maquarie or surrounds does not seem very far "North".049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Maybe you could consider somewhere a little further North. Possibly Heck Field (Gold Coast), Watts Bridge, or even Maryborough Qld.

Just mythoughts, let's what everyone else thinks.

No matter how this works out I will be doing my best to get there.:)

Cheers.

Hi Highflyer

What I wanted to do was alternate between South and North of Brisbane each year. The reason why I chose around the Port mac area was with it being the first one I wanted to be familiar with the surroundings and what I can and can't do/get which I know as I lived in Port mac for 4 months. The other reason is with it being the first one I was hoping to be not far away enough to enable the Sydney siders to come to boost numbers.

If all goes well with the first Northern one, which I will learn from and then apply that to the Southern one which will alternate in areas closer to either melb or Adelaide, then it will be much easier to organise the one North of Bris next year.

Well, that's my logic - sort off ;)

Queens birthday may put a few people off from the brissy area as I believe this is the Old Station fly in which brings alot of people up north.

I agree with the fact that Port Mac isn't that far north but your reasons are fair as always Ian so once you get a system sorted maybe we could head further north up towards my way!

Adam.

Guest Gyro Jeff

Hey Guy's,

Just a thought, maybe for the Down South Fly In, The Old Bar near Taree is a great spot, right next to the Beach with a Caravan Park and great facilities such as Eateries right alongside each other.

A few of us from Sydney, Hunter Valley and Tamworth are making a flying weekend at the Old Bar from the 18th to the 21st of May, there will be several types of aircraft attending including Planes, Trikes, Gyros' and maybe a couple of Aerochutes, the proprietors are eager to have us, so we will check it out and post a report when we return.

Nearly forgot to mention, all flyer's are welcome and would like to meet up with more.

Guest Andys@coffs

Im happy to vote for any 3 day weekend... I'll need that much time to cover the distance.

Andy

Im happy to vote for any 3 day weekend... I'll need that much time to cover the distance.Andy

I was thinking of you Andy when I came up with the idea of the long weekend :big_grin:

I was going to suggest Raglan for the northen one for one year as it is far enough north for northen members to get to easily and a bigger trip for southern flyers .

I can see no reason not to hold at Raglan at the same time as their annual fly-in if the orginisers are in agreement and also it doesn't necessarily have to be this year..

I think a different place each year would be a good idea, alternating between north and south and maybe towards the west at some time so as to make it an all round thing.