First Flight !!!!!!

1921169463_Firstflight.jpg.022bb29e6ef0e239fcb038503e33c8c3.jpg

Well Finally after all these years and building I have flown my Plane :) When I woke up yesterday I had no idea really today was going to be the day so I had no expectations on me and no pressure at all. I had been just doing a few things on the plane like sorting some radio issues and carb adjustments and went out for another taxi test to see if I had this Aerocarb set correctly. Tail up down the runway,engine running sweet , mild headwind, nice cool buoyant air, no traffic around at all, so a split sec decision was made and off I went around for the first lap. Had a slight left wing roll hands off but nothing really apart from that. So basically I just flew a circuit set up for final ,,came in and wheeled the sucker on then pulled up at the hanger ... I cant say I wasn't a bit nervous and on the ground I realized I had broken out in quite a good sweat considering it was such a cool day but when I was flying I barely even noticed . Just concentrating on flying the plane and keeping the speeds up . So as you can imagine it's been hard to get rid of this stupid Grin ,, but hey ,, why try :) What an amazing rewarding feeling ,,so hard to describe.

• Like 10

[ATTACH]18383[/ATTACH]Well Finally after all these years and building I have flown my Plane :) When I woke up yesterday I had no idea really today was going to be the day so I had no expectations on me and no pressure at all. I had been just doing a few things on the plane like sorting some radio issues and carb adjustments and went out for another taxi test to see if I had this Aerocarb set correctly. Tail up down the runway,engine running sweet , mild headwind, nice cool buoyant air, no traffic around at all, so a split sec decision was made and off I went around for the first lap. Had a slight left wing roll hands off but nothing really apart from that. So basically I just flew a circuit set up for final ,,came in and wheeled the sucker on then pulled up at the hanger ... I cant say I wasn't a bit nervous and on the ground I realized I had broken out in quite a good sweat considering it was such a cool day but when I was flying I barely even noticed . Just concentrating on flying the plane and keeping the speeds up . So as you can imagine it's been hard to get rid of this stupid Grin ,, but hey ,, why try :) What an amazing rewarding feeling ,,so hard to describe.

Onya Brett. Guess this means that the next time we see you at Bindoon, it'll be in the new machine?? Will PM you a listing of what's happening down south over the next few months & hopefully you might be able to join in (even if it means drving to the first few events). Congratulations.

• Like 1

[ATTACH]18383[/ATTACH]Well Finally after all these years and building I have flown my Plane :) . So as you can imagine it's been hard to get rid of this stupid Grin ,, but hey ,, why try :) What an amazing rewarding feeling ,,so hard to describe.

BIG Congrats Brett! Well done indeed........WARNING (to self!)....Enjoy ! but watch the adrenalin/decision process as well!

Good luck and enjoy your creation safely

• Like 1

Hey Brett,

Great stuff, mate! I am sure the big grin will stay around for a long while - and rightly so....

Enjoy!

Cheers

Neil

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

Well done Brett, and a nice job on that aircraft also !.........................................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Thanks everyone :) been a long time coming but worth it.

Cheers Riley ,,, will be nice to finally fly into Bindoon , I'm glad also I came down for those freshen up tail dragger hours as it just made it feel that much easier. The two planes fly so similar.

Kileyfil,,, I went with the Aerovee engine, time will tell how it goes long term in this airframe. They don't seem to have quite the same ponies that the jabiru has but good enough for me. They are however a tried and true engine. The jury is still out on this aerocarb. I have had quite a time getting it to run right but seems ok now so hopefully I wont have to touch it again. If I could do it all again I would have bought the 100hp Rotax. From what people say , they fly very well with those extra few horses and the geared down prop. Actually even the Rotax 80hp flies well for those same reasons.

• Like 1