Blue Tongue Solar

Wozz 3D

Hi All,

My Name is Warren Hall and we have 2 x 850m grass airstrips east of Mount Macedon in Victoria. The Moni motor glider is ready to go - building a hangar to put it in. I'll fly anything with wings - watch this sport - very addictive !

:rotary:

• Like 3

Hi All,My Name is Warren Hall and we have 2 x 850m grass airstrips east of Mount Macedon in Victoria. The Moni motor glider is ready to go - building a hangar to put it in. I'll fly anything with wings - watch this sport - very addictive !

:rotary:

Hi Warren, Welcome! I fly out of Penfield, so you must be very close.....where exactly are you located? I shall keep an eye out for you!

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil

We are at 539 Bolinda Darraweit rd Bolinda - so 5.4kms from the lancefiled rd. 100 acres backing onto deep creek. Strips are 850m north, 850 North West and 500m South West. They usually drain well - but pretty damp at the moment. I fly Rod Birells Storch when I can, the j3 Kitten, Pegasus and Moni are at Yarrawonga at the moment. Thinking of getting a Rans S10. Ph 54285459 or email [email protected]. What are you flying at the moment ?

1361925021_BlueTongueSolarStrip.jpg.8ebbd0fa10842d35891fef16713edd0e.jpg

Hi NeilWe are at 539 Bolinda Darraweit rd Bolinda - so 5.4kms from the lancefiled rd. 100 acres backing onto deep creek. Strips are 850m north, 850 North West and 500m South West. They usually drain well - but pretty damp at the moment. I fly Rod Birells Storch when I can, the j3 Kitten, Pegasus and Moni are at Yarrawonga at the moment. Thinking of getting a Rans S10. Ph 54285459 or email [email protected]. What are you flying at the moment ?

Hi Wozz,

I fly a Gazelle (as in the Avatar) , and I must have flown over your place a number of times. I can't make out the strips on Google Earth, but the images are pretty old. What's the Lat & Long of your strip?

Flew down to the coast with a mate the other weekend, but it is so wet and windy at the moment that flights are few and far between, unfortunately.

Yeh - am familiar with Rod's Storch, although I have never flown it myself. I learnt in the Texan with Terry.

The Rans S10 looks like a very potent aircraft - are you intending to do aero's?

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil,

I would have seen you fly over - really like the Gazelle - I did some hooded spin training in one with Bill Lane - I'm sure it pulled out of those itself ! No Aero's on the horizon - but I do like nimble planes. I had a KR2 (VH OMV) for a time and still miss the roll rate.

If it ever stops raining, here is some strip info:

Yellow windsock sth of cross hairs. All grass - pretty good surface - some undulations.

Dark green areas indicate slightly soft patches at times. Call for Mowing report if you like.

Air strip cross hairs

37°25'47.91"S

144°48'30.53"E

Taxi down Nth-Sth and park near the kitchen for a cuppa. Watch out for the dog when taxi-ing near the house

Strip detail:

Nth - Sth 850m use able- best surface from the house going north.

Terrain - up hill section starting from pine trees heading nth for 30m, The southern 300m is just a little rough still.

NW - SE 850m - best near cross hairs - 100m to SE of x to 400m NW

Terrain - a slight lateral dip to the sth 80m from NW end

Vegetation - 2 small slightly soft areas either side of runway 100m from NW end - easy to see via dark green grass.

SW - NE 450m - Uphill section heading SW - 20m SW of cross hairs for 20m

Terrain - a little rough near the SW end

Ah yes you were not supposed to notice that. Chasing Rabits with the Tractor is not very productive but its a lot of fun.

What sort of tractor/mower can keep up with a rabbit AND cut the grass at the same time. Don't just say A FAST ONE. I think Ultralights is nearer the truth 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif