Hello to all of you on the other side of this planet

vliegvink

I happened to fall on a post of this website looking for information on the flysynthesis storch. Found an hilarious tale of a guy trying to land on an airstrip and losing his nose wheel in doing so. Hilarious not because of the fact he did lose his wheel, just his stile of writing I mean.

I live in France, am Belgian by birth and been living in southern France since my retirement. Now, having nearly finished the house I'm building, I'm looking to take up an alltime passion: flying. I was thinking about buying or building a sky ranger swift or ninja , a flyssynthesis starch or the belgian Twinbee. So far I've only flown a sky ranger and an FK9.

Happy flights to all of you!

PS How does it feel living upside down all the time?025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

• Like 1

bonjour comment allez-vous?

Flying upside down is okay, but it does make it messy when you open a can of beer during a long hot flight. I trust you have built a guest room on your house so your flying buddies from Australia can come and stay. We have a FK9 at our club (Gawler, South Australia) and it is a very nice plane indeed. I reckon you should just buy a plane, that way you can start flying immediately rather than spend years building....

• Like 1

Heerlijk Vliegen Vliegvink

:welcome:Welcome to this Forum. We hope to see quite a bit of you on here. I agree with J170, if you are busy with building a house then you may want to buy a plane. BUT, if you enjoy the building experience, the aeroplane may be the next project after the house.

Let us know which aeroplane you will choose eventually.

I happened to fall on a post of this website looking for information on the flysynthesis storch. Found an hilarious tale of a guy trying to land on an airstrip and losing his nose wheel in doing so. Hilarious not because of the fact he did lose his wheel, just his stile of writing I mean.I live in France, am Belgian by birth and been living in southern France since my retirement. Now, having nearly finished the house I'm building, I'm looking to take up an alltime passion: flying. I was thinking about buying or building a sky ranger swift or ninja , a flyssynthesis starch or the belgian Twinbee. So far I've only flown a sky ranger and an FK9.

PS How does it feel living upside down all the time?025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Flying upside down is ok but we would call an FK9 a LOW WING aircraft.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Alan.

• Like 1

Hello there Vliegvint, Just remember mate that if you Build a plane , as you have done with your house, don't forget it doesn't need a bathroom okay ? Besides , when flying upside down as we do , things could get a little messy , right !! All the best with with your plans

• Like 1

Attendez une minute (wait a minute) Vliegvink, we are not the ones living upside down. Haven't you heard the song? We come from the land down under. We're normal. The land is under us. It's you folks who are living in the land up over, all topsy turvey... I've never built a house. But I totally restored an old one once. She who must be obeyed has told me if I ever want to do it again, I'll need a new wife. And as we all know, that's way too expensive. So I just go flying instead. Well, that's the excuse I'm using. And so far it's working. Good luck with yours.

• Like 2

When we build houses we use mortar as glue to stop the bricks falling into the deep blue sky.

Our aircraft landing technique has been studied by many universities to try to explain how flies can land on a ceiling.

We use helicopters to mow our lawns.

• Like 1

I happened to fall on a post of this website looking for information on the flysynthesis storch. Found an hilarious tale of a guy trying to land on an airstrip and losing his nose wheel in doing so. Hilarious not because of the fact he did lose his wheel, just his stile of writing I mean.I live in France, am Belgian by birth and been living in southern France since my retirement. Now, having nearly finished the house I'm building, I'm looking to take up an alltime passion: flying. I was thinking about buying or building a sky ranger swift or ninja , a flyssynthesis starch or the belgian Twinbee. So far I've only flown a sky ranger and an FK9.

Definitely go for the Nynja! But then I'm biased...

We actually fly right side up here. It's just that the ground is overhead and the sky is below us. We have to learn aerobatics as basic airmanship as landing is a bit of a trick.