Where's our Pud been ??.................

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Well he's been on the road it seems, and now he's on our side of the country!....Will be at Farri's in Nth Qld. friday and Saturday, and I'm planning on jumping in the Lightwing and heading North early Saturday morning to meet the old Thruster driver ! I haven't seen Farri in a year or two so should be good fun all round !..I'll keep you posted !.........................................Maj...026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he's been on the road it seems, and now he's on our side of the country!....Will be at Farri's in Nth Qld. friday and Saturday, and I'm planning on jumping in the Lightwing and heading North early Saturday morning to meet the old Thruster driver ! I haven't seen Farri in a year or two so should be good fun all round !..I'll keep you posted !.........................................Maj...026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Pass on felicitations & regards when you do catch up with Pud. Also get his instructions as to how many beers I have to consume on his behalf at all the fly-ins that he's missing in the West whilst he's on the wallaby. Lightwings..... provided the refurbished radio/comms doesn't speak Urdu and not too much smoke escapes from the wiring when we flash it up, hope to get my 912GR in the air this weekend after many months of medication ( it, not me). cheers y'all

G`Day Ross,I`m expecting Pud some time tomorrow! He told me he would be here for the 17th and 18th. I`ve got the Drifter ready to go.

I`ll be glad to see you also! Hope you can make it.

Frank.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

For those who are interested, Pud, his wife,his mates and their wives arived at midday today, 4 vehicles in all.

They are camped here on the property, on the bank of the Mulgrave river, enjoying a barby, a drink and trying to catch a fish. Tomorrow two of the men will go reef fishing with my son Michael.

Pud and I have already had a nice flight in the Drifter and after the flight, his exact words were, " This realy is what it`s all about ", and I couldn`t have agreed more.

More flying to be had over the next couple of days.

Frank.

• Like 5

Guest Maj Millard

Frank, Pud and all, I'm fueled up ready to head North in the morning, hoping there's no ground fog at Montpelier as it's that time of the year. Hopefully I'll get off early and just need to drop into Abergowrie for 30 minutes to retorque Des's prop, and then should be non-stop to Farris paradise ! Thinking overhead around 11.30 or so. Catch you all then !!!........................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

I just looked up from my morning coffee on the back veranda with my computer... and the visibility here is only a hundred meters due to fog at 0820hrs.

Hope you are fog clear further North Ross.

G'Day Frank ,

Look forward to many pics from you and Maj.

We have 11o C here at 1000 hrs with a 16 kt. Westerly , giving an apparent temp of around 7o C . Hope Maj. arrived safely . Would imagine any fog around Townsville would soon burn off , and the Sou'easterly should give him a reasonable tailwind .

Regards to all from both of us

Bob

• Like 1

G'Day Frank ,Look forward to many pics from you and Maj.

We have 11o C here at 1000 hrs with a 16 kt. Westerly , giving an apparent temp of around 7o C . Hope Maj. arrived safely . Would imagine any fog around Townsville would soon burn off , and the Sou'easterly should give him a reasonable tailwind .

Regards to all from both of us

Bob

G`Day Bob, Sally and everyone else! It was here at home that was fogged in yesterday morning, but not for long! As soon as the fog cleared Puds wife,Gabriel , said she would like to go for a flight in the Drifter 056_headset.gif.8e2503279a37389023f4d903d46b667a.gif so I took her around our local area. Pud thought this was unfair as he said it had taken him a couple of years to get her to fly with him and only a couple of minutes to agree to fly with me. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif .

Pud and I had already done a few circuits and a bit of general flying before Ross arived in his LightWing, around midday. After Ross arived it got pretty windy around the kithen table,as we relived our stories about the past, over a few cups of coffee, while we waited for the tide to go out so we would have enough beach to go and have some real fun,and fun we did have. ( Never too old to have some good clean fun )

This morning I got Pud to fly me around in the Drifter, so I was able to sit back, relax and enjoy the view. Ross has now left, Pud is packing up but an enjoyable time was had by all and some good memories will remain with each of us.

Frank.

Ps, I only took a couple of pics and I will let Pud and Ross decide what pics they want to show.

• Like 7

Guest Maj Millard

Great to be at Frank and Francis' place again. Saturday there was no fog at Montpelier, so whipped up to Abergowrie just North of Ingham to do a prop retorque for a friend on his Savvy VG. Off again in half an hour, and a quick run up to Franks' with a good tailwind. On arrival spotted Pud and his friends camped on the banks of the croc-infested Mulgrave River !...not too far from Farris' House. We sure know how to treat visitors up here in the North!!....Met Pud on landing at last, and found he's not the old dottery Thruster pilot I had imagined, but a very fit interesting chap with one hell of a handshake, and a great sense of humor.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

He had certainly taken the opportunity to fly with Frank in the Drifter, and we all had a great time at the nearby beach with the receeding tide leaving lots of suitably hard sand. Frank has three strips now on his amazing property, and litterly lands the Drifter on his front lawn !!.....

Sunday came around far too soon and I left Frank and Pud reluctantly around 10am for the short flight South to Innisfail to hook up with Doug Evans and his wife, working on his Lightwing rebuild at Innisfail airport.

Also needed to refuel for the trip South to Townsville, and who should be at the bowers when I arrived, but no less that Rod Stiff himself !!....all good fun and smiles. Rod departed to the North and me to the South, for a very quick run back to Montpelier at 5,500 Ft. arriving there at 1.30 PM. Great to met you Pud at last, and great to see you again Frank ! A very fine and memorable weekend of quality aviating with real good friends in my book...................................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Sounds like all you old reprobates, ... LOL ... had a great time. Good on you all. I'll get up there one day, I'm sure.

Pud, fancy leaving Riley behind ... the poor old bugga will be lonely.

Hey Riley I am off to Vancouver again, that daughter of mine over there decided to get married. I had two choices ... attend the AGM or attend her wedding ... guess which one I chose ... I am not stupid all the time ... LOL

• Like 1

Hey Riley I am off to Vancouver again, that daughter of mine over there decided to get married. I had two choices ... attend the AGM or attend her wedding ... guess which one I chose ... I am not stupid all the time ... LOL

Good to see you're back from where you've been David. Is it true you were offered an alternative to going OS for the wedding, but it was too expensive?

075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif008_roflmao.gif.1e95c9eb792c8fd2890ba5ff06d4e15c.gif

Good to see you're back from where you've been David. Is it true you were offered an alternative to going OS for the wedding, but it was too expensive?075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif008_roflmao.gif.1e95c9eb792c8fd2890ba5ff06d4e15c.gif

Good one Wayne ...

Anything that incurs the wrath of two daughters and a wife is ultimately veeeeery expensive in way more than monetary terms ... now as for my two boys ... well I guess they don't think like our women do they.

Disclaimer: Nothing in this post should be construed by any woman as implying, suggesting, stating or otherwise anything derogatory or disparaging towards the wonderful females in our lives ... after all we wouldn't be here without then now would we ... LOL. It is just that frankly you have us all bluffed, we cannot, and perhaps were never supposed to be able to understand the wonderful workings of the female mind. We know you know something about us ... it is just that we don't know what it is you know ... LOL. God really did have a sense of humour when he made man and woman.

• Like 1

Good one Wayne ...Anything that incurs the wrath of two daughters and a wife is ultimately veeeeery expensive in way more than monetary terms ... now as for my two boys ... well I guess they don't think like our women do they.

Disclaimer: Nothing in this post should be construed by any woman as implying, suggesting, stating or otherwise anything derogatory or disparaging towards the wonderful females in our lives ... after all we wouldn't be here without then now would we ... LOL. It is just that frankly you have us all bluffed, we cannot, and perhaps were never supposed to be able to understand the wonderful workings of the female mind. We know you know something about us ... it is just that we don't know what it is you know ... LOL. God really did have a sense of humour when he made man and woman.

A sagacious old prophet (I think it was Pud) once said "The more I learn about women, the more I love my aircraft". Does this mean by default that Australia will ultimately get another bloody foreign migrant or is your daughter marrying an Australian ski instructor from Whistler? Enjoy yourself in BC and safe travels. cheers

A sagacious old prophet (I think it was Pud) once said "The more I learn about women, the more I love my aircraft". Does this mean by default that Australia will ultimately get another bloody foreign migrant or is your daughter marrying an Australian ski instructor from Whistler? Enjoy yourself in BC and safe travels. cheers

No mate I am ending up with a Cannuck as a Son in Law, so he will ultimately be another bloody foreign migrant ... LOL. He appears a good kid though. I rather like BC except for the weather.

Hey Franko, If next when I am in Townsville, I was to drive to your place, how long would it take?

The time it will take you to drive from Townsville will depend on how many cops are out there and how fast you can drive.drive.gif.1181dd90fe7c8032bdf2550324f37d56.gif 095_cops.gif.448479f256bea28624eb539f739279b9.gif

how close would Maj and Windsor be to Townsville by car?

Seriously! I don`t know! Maj will be able to tell you.

Frank.

Ps, Townsville to Deeral, about three and a half hours drive and you`re welcome.

I am about 400kms south of Townsville at Mackay... about 4 hours by car.Ingham is about 2 hours North of Townsville by car...

Who is at Ingham Don?

Big distances up there in God's country aren't there.

I may mean Innisfail... as the crow flies without looking at the map I would guess that Farri is about half way between Townsville and Cairns.

I`m 2.5 k east of the Bruce highway at the very end of Ross road at Deeral, 45k south of Cairns and close on half way between Innisfail and Cairns. Ross road ends at our property entrance.

Frank.

........... Disclaimer: Nothing in this post should be construed by any woman as implying, suggesting, stating or otherwise anything derogatory or disparaging towards the wonderful females in our lives ... after all we wouldn't be here without then now would we ... LOL. It is just that frankly you have us all bluffed, we cannot, and perhaps were never supposed to be able to understand the wonderful workings of the female mind. We know you know something about us ... it is just that we don't know what it is you know ... LOL. God really did have a sense of humour when he made man and woman.

Wow!!! Now that's what I'll call, SERIOUS tapdancing...jive.gif.035c4a81724c712198cdb1757d6fb926.gif 032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif