ultra-light plane crash near Bairnsdale

I don't think so since super cats are low wing. This was a high wing like a Karaone. There was a Karaone built at Yarram a few years ago and it had a 1600 Jabbie.

On reflection, you could well be on the right track Keenaviator. The tail section looks very similar to the Kara and as I think they had timber wing construction, it probably burned up very quickly, like a model of mine did many years ago, which caught fire mid-air with a similar end result.

def NOT a supercat or Bobat your right Plandriver they are built from wood..Ive,NEVER heard of a metal one!! I think it sort of looks like a volksplane? also wiyh the high cab surly it has to be a mid or low winger?

I am surprised that there seems to be so little information available regarding this sad incident.

Like many on here, I would liked to have known more, and if the PIC made himself known, we could at least have offered a bit of moral support, if nothing else.

One can't help but wonder what advantage is to be gained, when incidents like this seem to be shrouded in mystery.

After all, information published, may possibly make another pilot aware of something which could potentially save a similar thing happening to them.

Possibly it's done on legal advice.

Maybe the aircraft was not even registered?

• Like 1