[Sun 28th Oct 2012] Come Fly Come Try Day -& Fly In

Sport

Come Fly Come Try day - & Fly In

A day when the public are welcome to come and try flying in a glider, a light sport aircraft or a trike.

Free admission

PLUS.. a

FLY IN for all recreational pilots (including GA).. and all classic and interesting aircraft.

Pilots, email [email protected] for e-poster and details pack. Please advise aircraft type.

Hosted by the Adelaide Soaring Club.

Food and refreshments will be available, catered for by the 'club kitchen'.

• 1 month later...

I will be there so it should be a great day:ban me please: Going to be a great day and fun for all. fill up you plane with fuel and make the trip. we will make you feel welcome and you will have a great time. this event is also open to the general public as a tool to promote our sport. Come help us introduce this great hobby to them.

Mardy

And a good time was had by all. Nice turn out. Weather was hind but bumpy aloft. Went for my first flight in a trike, good fun but cold up there. Rob Hastwell was giving good commentary and answered all my questions clearly. Radio comms was somewhat an earfull and some times unintelligible. Still, all flying seamed safe. The Jab 160, trike and gliders were fully booked ( could do with a faster system of booking next time) but the best deal of the day was surely an aerobatic flight in a NangChang at $150.

I wore my Deskpilot I.D. but didn't see any other forumites there. Host club was very friendly and they should be proud of themselves. Well done.