Introduction of landing/parking charges, Western Downs Regional Council

dunlopdangler

My NOTAM from my NAIPS app is still coming up as "No NOTAMS service provided" for Miles, but I have been sent an email which shows a NOTAM that states that "Miles AD not AVBL DUE TO WIP". Accessing thought the Air Services Australia website returns the same NOTAM. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else tried NOTAM for YMLS?

I'm one of those people who attended that meeting out at the Dalby aerodrome when the hair gelled "Mirror" made that statement. A number of us tried to make some suggestions as to how to raise funds to improve the aerodrome and make it a more cost effective "Asset". The council just doesn't get it and treats all the aerodromes in the region with distain and look at them as toxic liabilities.. I personally am in the process of implimenting a campaign to have landing charges dropped on aircraft with a MTOW of less than 2000kg because of the benefits that these aircraft bring into our towns. I realise that I'm probably pushing the preverbial uphill, but I will give it a go... you never know!! 041_helmet.gif.78baac70954ea905d688a02676ee110c.gif

DD, Hervey Bay had this same fight a couple of years ago and eventually won with no landing fees for the smaller stuff. Might be worth contacting the aero club there, they might be able to help with your battle.

Guest Escadrille
I'm one of those people who attended that meeting out at the Dalby aerodrome when the hair gelled "Mirror" made that statement. A number of us tried to make some suggestions as to how to raise funds to improve the aerodrome and make it a more cost effective "Asset". The council just doesn't get it and treats all the aerodromes in the region with distain and look at them as toxic liabilities.. I personally am in the process of implimenting a campaign to have landing charges dropped on aircraft with a MTOW of less than 2000kg because of the benefits that these aircraft bring into our towns. I realise that I'm probably pushing the preverbial uphill, but I will give it a go... you never know!! 041_helmet.gif.78baac70954ea905d688a02676ee110c.gif

Maybe Mr Brown will have time to reflect on his councils inertia when he is relegated to a normal life after the next election....unless of course there is a .....conspiracy..insane.gif.b56be3c4390e84bce5e5e6bf4f69a458.gif.. chuckle....075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

We had a toxic council here in the Redlands (our councillor was openly hostile to her electorate) and we managed to toss all but one of the incumbents at the last election. Since then we have seen a world of difference in attitude and service delivery.

Local councillors are too close to the voters to be allowed to get away with nasties for too long.