Operating in the Dark......

Mick

I classify aerial trailbikers as " for example guy who was seen landing on a beach in a Jab where three people got out.

TP . Could this possibly have been a VH registered Jab ?

Bob

Just to clarify someone elses post. The currency requirements for an Command Instrument rating is three hours IF time in 90 days. Not 30 days.

Same for NVFR and IFR at night, three take offs and landings within the last 90 days. Exactly the same as Day VFR requirements.

If you move an aircraft under its own power for the purpose of flight, then you are operating it. Regardless of where you are on the airfield.

Just to clarify someone elses post. The currency requirements for an Command Instrument rating is three hours IF time in 90 days. Not 30 days.Same for NVFR and IFR at night, three take offs and landings within the last 90 days. Exactly the same as Day VFR requirements.

If you move an aircraft under its own power for the purpose of flight, then you are operating it. Regardless of where you are on the airfield.

Thanks Ryam

Obviously we cannot fly at night but........

A very good question for which I haven't seen a definitive answer to either the regulatory or airmanship aspects.Without a Class 2 medical temporarily I was unable to use my pilot licence to taxi so needed a taxi authority. With both, one could taxi to maintenance hangar for example, and get to choose which one is being exercised at the time.

Daytime but IMC then I can't fly but I can still taxi - if IMC due to low cloud no safety issues with taxi. Fog?

I have a night rating so for taxi only I don't need to comply with all the rules for a flight, which is the core of the question. I don't need to have that 90 days currency do I?

If at a controlled airfield vs a grass paddock the answers may be different.