My wife's comments on my first flight :)

Hi All.

I had my first flight / lesson in a Jabiru J17o last week and will be doing 2 more lessons tomorrow.

My wife and son went along to share "the moment the dream started to come true" and this was her summary :)

Wayne%20First%20Flight%20Lesson.jpg

• Like 4

I see by the French Tip on the right hand thumb that your good lady had a sit in the right hand seat, and that your son's college fund is now being diverted into your wife's pilot training.

Good on you both!

OME

I see by the French Tip on the right hand thumb that your good lady had a sit in the right hand seat, and that your son's college fund is now being diverted into your wife's pilot training.

Ah, but if you look in the first photo, it looks like the instructor's female, could be her arm and hands .....

Oops, I guess that's probably not french nail polish then :) Should've gone to Specsavers OME !

Give us a go! I just picked up a new pair of reading glasses on Tuesday and I haven't broken them in yet.

OME

Guest Howard Hughes
One of my first instructors thirty years ago was a girly, I think it's great because you cannot cry when it gets rough as guts and scary. Hello Melanie if you're out there...

Why the hell not? I do!! 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Why the hell not? I do!! 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Absolutely! A male instructor will tell you to grow up and stop being a baby, whereas the female instructor might give you a hanky to wipe your tears, put her arm around you to console you, possibly give you a kiss to settle your nerves and softly tell you that everything will be ok. She may also advise you that should you wish to eventually join the 'mile high club' then the flight could be even more bumpy.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Alan.

Absolutely! A male instructor will tell you to grow up and stop being a baby, whereas the female instructor might give you a hanky to wipe your tears, put her arm around you to console you, possibly give you a kiss to settle your nerves and softly tell you that everything will be ok. She may also advise you that should you wish to eventually join the 'mile high club' then the flight could be even more bumpy.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifAlan.

Dreamin' Alan dreamin'

Bob

Guest Howard Hughes
Absolutely! A male instructor will tell you to grow up and stop being a baby, whereas the female instructor might give you a hanky to wipe your tears, put her arm around you to console you, possibly give you a kiss to settle your nerves and softly tell you that everything will be ok. She may also advise you that should you wish to eventually join the 'mile high club' then the flight could be even more bumpy.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifAlan.

And then he woke up!bounce.gif.3516b5f7197d1d6889168640af67e2f6.gif

• 1 month later...

Update: I had my first solo on 14 Dec.

If the stars, sun, planets, wind, waves, bank managers, vacation time, clouds, traffic, mechanical stuff and a whole lot of other things align over the next week I hope to put in a decent amount of time to get that certificate soon. :)

• Like 1

Update: I had my first solo on 14 Dec.If the stars, sun, planets, wind, waves, bank managers, vacation time, clouds, traffic, mechanical stuff and a whole lot of other things align over the next week I hope to put in a decent amount of time to get that certificate soon. :)

Rocketing,

Don't worry about all that other crap mate just "NIKE IT", well maybe the weather part is out of your control.

Best thing in the world once you get it but it is a licence to learn.

Good luck with it

Alf