Time for significant changes

Guest Andys@coffs

Will you provide your name and membership number in support of a call for a general meeting of RAAus  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Will you provide your name and membership number in support of a call for a general meeting of RAAus

• Yes
    • No
    • Probably but need convincing
    • Probably not but might be convinced

Andy,I have been absent from the forums for a while trying to get our club back on track. We have the same dysfunctional issues and a small minority trying to wreck things. One of the things I am proposing is a "Standards of Conduct and Ethics" document to get rid of the bullying, harassment and other unsavoury tactics of those who were originally deposed at the last AGM. While this is not as important as the complete management operational overhaul at Ra-Aus it seems that this stuff is very much alive & well in RA-Aus. I have changed the club name but there will be other things that need change as well and it does not cover employees as I took all that stuff out. I have attached a copy here FYI.

By the way do you still want me to send you the form given you already have the numbers.

Kevin

Kevin, sorry to hear about your woes. I have witnessed what happens in well run local Aero clubs for more years than I care to recall. It is a real shame when members put their heart and soul into building up a viable club or entity, to see it torn down by petty personality politics that may have flavour of the month because members are apathetic, absent on the day or have a new girlfriend.

At the local club level it is heart destroying and tragic. What happens when the flavour of the month trips over and screws the club leaving it worse off than before? The previous hard working members become disaffected leave the club with no one left to rebuild the club until some other sucker comes along who is destined to be stabbed in the back and the cycle starts again! No wonder there are less and less willing volunteers to put their hand up for commitee and board positions.

When it happems at the RA-Aus national level it becomes a tragedy. If you check my posts all the way back to 2008 I have been warningt and alluding to your problem for years. The good ol Australian apathy is alive and well! We cant even get 10% of the membership to vote in elections even when they are provided with stamped addressed envelopes to register their votes. But they are the first to Bitch when things don't work out the way they think they should.

• Like 4

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit off topic but it seems that practices have become almost corrupt. When an organisation can remove an individuals Trainers rating for doing nothing more than being a manufacturer of an aircraft that had a rather spectacular and well publicised incident by someone else beggars belief.

• Like 1

Guest Andys@coffs
Andy,I have been absent from the forums for a while trying to get our club back on track. We have the same dysfunctional issues and a small minority trying to wreck things. One of the things I am proposing is a "Standards of Conduct and Ethics" document to get rid of the bullying, harassment and other unsavoury tactics of those who were originally deposed at the last AGM. While this is not as important as the complete management operational overhaul at Ra-Aus it seems that this stuff is very much alive & well in RA-Aus. I have changed the club name but there will be other things that need change as well and it does not cover employees as I took all that stuff out. I have attached a copy here FYI.

By the way do you still want me to send you the form given you already have the numbers.

Kevin

Kevin

Yes please send me a form the greater the numbers the better the chances we can argue that we aren't just a small splinter group acting in isolation to the main membership who no doubt will argue they didn't know even though the secretary will now have to inform every member by post of the upcoming meeting.

If you could also pm me your contact details (inc phone no) that would be great given you are just up the road that would be great

Regards

Andy

Kevin

Kevin, good luck with your efforts; this fortunately only occurs in a few Associations and usually only once. It's like getting rid of a molar because the people involved, like all bullies usually put up strong resistance, but if you keep at it and keep the members informed, usually it reaches a climax where the members see them for what they are and put enough pressure on them that they cave in. Like the molar toothache, the pattern is that the minute they go everything calms down, all the crises cease and the Association goes into a period of good times. So good luck.