Duke Aircraft Enginer

Kenny

The concept looks really good but I guess until we see one running we wont know just how good, like Ralph Saritch's orbital engine it seemed like it had a great future but I haven't heard anything on it for years.

It would be nice to have the money to invest and take a punt on it as it may be the next big improvement on the old internal combustion engine. one would wonder how much further the concept can be taken

Ken

Looks surprisingly like the "compressed air" engine that has been floating around claiming all sorts of world saving benifits. ... In the fifties I heard of an saying that went "innovate and die" It seems that improvements to engines are made in small increments, following on from what has gone before but a little better. I don't believe that there are quantam leaps to be had. If you look at all the "world beaters" that have come and gone we are still on poppet valves and reciprocating pistons. Sleeve valves never made it, nor did Wankel, Salmson, Sarich, Aspen Valves , and all manner of oddities, some of which are really interesting , technically, but they don't translate into reality, or production...........