Please Read

Admin

Here at Recreational Flying we have very strict rules about any user posts containing any attacks against another user. The penalty for this first offense is a 1 week sin bin suspension of the user from the site.

Now we all know things can get heated when opinions clash and I have tried to allow as much leniency as possible given the vigorous discussions being held in the Governing Bodies Forum on the dilemmas and untoward goings on at RAAus, but my tolerance is wearing bloody thin as your posts are bringing the integrity of this site, a site that I have worked bloody hard to give you, in to disrepute.

I will always stand up and protect the integrity, quality and friendliness of this site and we all know the repercussions of what I will do if these values are threatened...and they ARE currently being threatened!!!

Please, it is Christmas Eve as I post this, you know a time of cheer and good will to our fellow man (or woman), so step back and think before you click that submit button...YES, you ARE entitled to your opinion and so are others but do not post anything that may offend another site user what so ever!!!

I will now, reluctantly, request the Moderators to start taking a more firmer hand on posts and award those that have not listened with a really nice relaxing time AWAY from this site for a period of time.

Thank you!

• Like 6

Most of the time it is the responses rather than the posts that cause concern. One of the main reasons being is that people create an image or scenario around a posting then get worked up over that. The other problem is that emails, texting and even radio lack body language, the emails and texting also lacking voice tone. These things are essential elements in communications and are lost with our modern technology. I never aim to annoy or hurt any fellow flyers (I need all the friends I can get) but may touch a nerve from time to time.

• Like 4

You have to consider what others see and if not careful, and managed properly, all that will be left on a site will be posts that are a displeasure to read by onlookers which will ultimately result in a site only containing a small group of grumpy old men as they would have driven away everyone else in their quest to prove, in a verbal sense, that their appendages are bigger then everyone else and that is from behind the sanctuary of a plastic keyboard!

• Like 3

The other problem is that emails, texting and even radio lack body language, the emails and texting also lacking voice tone. These things are essential elements in communications and are lost with our modern technology.

That is the reason for the smilies or sometimes called emoticons. I am often frustrated because I use an iPad most of the time now, and the smilies aren't available. They are a very useful tool in which to get the spirit of your message across

• Like 1

Here at Recreational Flying we have very strict rules about any user posts containing any attacks against another user. The penalty for this first offense is a 1 week sin bin suspension of the user from the site.Now we all know things can get heated when opinions clash and I have tried to allow as much leniency as possible given the vigorous discussions being held in the Governing Bodies Forum on the dilemmas and untoward goings on at RAAus, but my tolerance is wearing bloody thin as your posts are bringing the integrity of this site, a site that I have worked bloody hard to give you, in to disrepute.

I will always stand up and protect the integrity, quality and friendliness of this site and we all know the repercussions of what I will do if these values are threatened...and they ARE currently being threatened!!!

Please, it is Christmas Eve as I post this, you know a time of cheer and good will to our fellow man (or woman), so step back and think before you click that submit button...YES, you ARE entitled to your opinion and so are others but do not post anything that may offend another site user what so ever!!!

I will now, reluctantly, request the Moderators to start taking a more firmer hand on posts and award those that have not listened with a really nice relaxing time AWAY from this site for a period of time.

Thank you!

I agree, and I think we should all avoid personally derogatory comments of any and every kind. Regardless of how much you might disgree with the poster.

That is the reason for the smilies or sometimes called emoticons. I am often frustrated because I use an iPad most of the time now, and the smilies aren't available. They are a very useful tool in which to get the spirit of your message across

Yes - very true. I should try to use them more often myself. 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

I post using a free program for iPad called Puffin. It allows you to use flash so you will get your emocons.

Sorry a bit off topic

Mardy

• Like 1