Clare Area

Compulsion

I have to do a Navex which includes Farrel Flat. Can anyone help with info on this airfield? Height above sea level and runway info would be great. Is there any other fields in the area? This will be my last Navex which includes my test. I have completed the written test and done 10 hrs Nav so if I pass this I am finished. Is there a way of getting info on airfields not in ERSA?

I visited that area some years ago this is what I can remember, Farrel Flat airfield is privately owned, if you ring the Burra tourist info people they most like will give you contact details for the owners of the Farrel Flat airfield. There is a new aerodrome at Clare, I think. At Farrel Flat there is a guy with an engineering business who is actively involved with aviation matters in that area who will assist with any information. That is how I remember it from 10 years ago, hope it helps,

Thanks for that. Hi thirsty good to see you still here. I was overhead Mannum yesterday at 4500. Nearly called in to RPA for a toilet stop. My Instructor said Clare for a stop next Saturday so it must be the new field. Apparently she is going into labour some where near Clare. Bloody women. As if I would take a pregnant female flying. LOL. I really want to fly into RPA as soon as I am passed my Navs to say hi and have a coffee. Tech air thanks for your help. It is amazing to me how dry everything is when flying around SA. I think I am looking forward to winter and some green. LOL

I have to do a Navex which includes Farrel Flat. Can anyone help with info on this airfield? Height above sea level and runway info would be great. Is there any other fields in the area? This will be my last Navex which includes my test. I have completed the written test and done 10 hrs Nav so if I pass this I am finished. Is there a way of getting info on airfields not in ERSA?

G'day Compulsion,

YFFT is private, give Bob Bradley(don't have the number with me atm) a ring ,cross strip has gone to crop! Main is roughish but

ok , has a few dips and sheep! The new strip at Clare is excellent , Adrian Smith or Dave Willson are the contacts, they have a web site

http://www.clarevalleyaerodrome.com.au/ gives all the details, sorry I can't be more help as I'm in Bendigo at the moment; have a pleasant trip up there..

nice area to flit around; although from memory a Navex won't give you much chance to geek around.........021_nod.gif.30c66a33e1ed960b5b5d3fc7b345b58d.gif