Clipped Wing

mothra

Hi all, just got around to registering. Been flying Gazelles out of Goulburn, just waiting for my smashed shoulder (dirt bike wreck) to heal so I can knock off the last few navs for my x-country.

Welcome Mothra,

I used to follow a young lad named Tim, who got to No5 in the UK riding moto cross. . . . then he got to the age of 17, and found Girls, Fags and Beer, and lost the plot. !!!

Anyway, I hope your physicality gets fixed soon and you can restart lifting into the luft and relaxing a bit in the sky. ( Less stuff to hit and break bones up there )

• Informative 1

From a former freestyle moto-xer I feel your pain.Take it easy and hope you heel well.[ATTACH=full]20245[/ATTACH]

Well that's how I describe the incident at work, but in truth it was more mundane. Forest track, blind corner, traffic and ham fisted application of front brake.

Well that's how I describe the incident at work, but in truth it was more mundane. Forest track, blind corner, traffic and ham fisted application of front brake.

ouch..:stretcher:take it easy

• 2 months later...

Well its been four months since my last flight and Im repaired enough to get back in the air. Kept it to a session of circuits just in case and took an instructor along for the first couple.

So good to be back in the air, scheduled for those last pesky navs over Easter.

• Like 3

Guest Howard Hughes
So good to be back in the air, scheduled for those last pesky navs over Easter.

That's it, rain over Eastern then? 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Hi Mothra and welcome,

Know the pain well, stated off on a Honda SL70 mid 70's and been on them ever since to the point of arriving over here anyway.

Getting older so in more recent times I started the Queensland Vintage MotoX Club and ran it for 8 years or so, oldies on natural terrain MX but still managed to bang a few corners every now and then!

Thanks Bex

I have a couple of friends into Vintage MX and circuit racing. Those older bikes and riders still tear it up, way faster than Im capable of. Still its good to go along and wrench for them, great social atmosphere. My dear old dad scrambled BSAs and Velocettes, god knows how he managed that.

At 50 my racing days are done, Ive rallied, raced and even turned a few laps at Phoenix in an Indy car. Ill stick to flying now thanks, believe it or not its a cheaper pastime!

We are of similar age, was the rallying in Canberra?

Melbourne club rallies and making up the numbers in the odd state round back in the 80s when you didnt need road closures and safety officers ( or roll cages and fire suits for that matter). Full tilt over the mineshaft remains on the to 'do list' though.