Jabiru trouble shooting

deadstick

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW. well done, based on a jab kit? are they cargo doors in the rear? just making a cup of tea and will search for the thread, bloody insomnia!!! teach me for falling asleep on the lounge at 5 only to wake at 11 pm ready for work lol. long night ahead I think

Your kidding right ,?Gong to court for putting the engine mount in the right way ?

Cheers Mike

No. Going to court for not following the legally binding procedure. (Dura lex, sed lex)

Mike your lucky to be still with us, amazing that you got out of that and well done for pushing on and rebuilding it.

That's my Avocet , designed and built by yours truly ,check put the thread "Avocet flys again "[ATTACH=full]22800[/ATTACH]

That's my Avocet , designed and built by yours truly ,check put the thread "Avocet flys again "[ATTACH=full]22800[/ATTACH]

Cargo doors open up , clam shell

Jaby wings 250 made the winglets , fuse,vertical stab. Has duel sticks , centre throttle ,sky view ,

3300 liquid cooled multipoint injection ,and fuel injected throttle body , 30 amp altinator mounted from the vac. spline , jaby alt as backup 62" prop ,cruise 105 kts.

I had to make 25 moulds for the fuse ect.ect

Flys great , easy to land .

It looks like a Catalina when it lands .

Hope to make an amphibious version soon

Ill be flying to aust fly in September at narromine

Cheers Mike

There's some info on the web : google

"Mike Sharples avocet "

I'm up late to , slept in to late this morning ,it's raining here , for a change!

image.jpg.20c8f849fae3dd876629c80ca6e224c8.jpg

Mike, we do t go to court for installing engine mounts the correct way as per the Maint manual, but we could easily end up there of an accident occurred and we were found to be performing Maint not in accordance with manuals. Further, jabiru love to blame the maintainer when their engines have problems. All we can do is do it by the book. When we use aircraft for hire and reward we are subject to much more stringent rules. So no mate, I'm not kidding.

• Agree 2

It happens with bigger stuff too. Cabin compressors in Vickers Viscount in Ansett.Manual showed two positions to install a critical part. One wing burnt off a plane on the way to Winton and another one made an emergency landing due to cabin compressor fires, The casings are made of magnesium. Nev

Mike, Jetjr , sorry in my early morning insomnia I forgot to add the page and figure number for the link, page 38 figure 42 shows the male to the rear: http://www.jabiru.net.au/Manuals/Engine/JEM3302-4_Inst.pdf

At odds with the construction manual page 3:

http://www.jabiru.net.au/Manuals/Airframe%20Construction/Sections/Pre-Paint_Fuselage_Firewall_Fit%20engine%20and%20mount_J2400.pdf

Mike, we do t go to court for installing engine mounts the correct way as per the Maint manual, but we could easily end up there of an accident occurred and we were found to be performing Maint not in accordance with manuals. Further, jabiru love to blame the maintainer when their engines have problems. All we can do is do it by the book. When we use aircraft for hire and reward we are subject to much more stringent rules. So no mate, I'm not kidding.

I dont think you would end up in court if some one had an accident and the engineount rubber was found to be a t odds with at least one version of the jab manual ,

I'm not talking about any thing else ,

I have at 4 or 5 versions of the jab manuals , even a color hard copy , you could write a book with all the discrepancys in them.

Putting the top rubber around the other way makes it less likely to fail in survice , and hence more safe ,it's a well known practice in jab circles , the ones I move in anyway .

Cheers Mike

I dont think you would end up in court if some one had an accident and the engineount rubber was found to be a t odds with at least one version of the jab manual ,I'm not talking about any thing else ,

I have at 4 or 5 versions of the jab manuals , even a color hard copy , you could write a book with all the discrepancys in them.

Putting the top rubber around the other way makes it less likely to fail in survice , and hence more safe ,it's a well known practice in jab circles , the ones I move in anyway .

Cheers Mike

If Jabiru have maintenance manuals out in public with incorrect information them. Jabiru should be getting their Sh!t together and sending out amendments to all Jabiru owners. It is NOT acceptable for anybody to carry out maintenance on any aircraft in this country without being able to source the correct information from the aircraft's maintenance manual. Sounds like amateur hour to me.

• Agree 1

I move in the official Maint manual circle mate, and quite frankly I've had enough of this backyard, cowboy circle where I have to put up with rubbish like this and justifications like the above. Jabiru need a serious kick up the ass.

I'm not going to explain again the reasons why we must follow the published manuals. If you don understand then I'm afraid that's your problem.

• Agree 1

If Jabiru have maintenance manuals out in public with incorrect information them. Jabiru should be getting their Sh!t together and sending out amendments to all Jabiru owners. It is NOT acceptable for anybody to carry out maintenance on any aircraft in this country without being able to source the correct information from the aircraft's maintenance manual. Sounds like amateur hour to me.

I agree 100%

Cheers

I move in the official Maint manual circle mate, and quite frankly I've had enough of this backyard, cowboy circle where I have to put up with rubbish like this and justifications like the above. Jabiru need a serious kick up the ass. I'm not going to explain again the reasons why we must follow the published manuals. If you don understand then I'm afraid that's your problem.

Back yard hay ,

If you want to follow manuals that are incorrect & deficient , go right ahead ,

and while we're throwing insults ,

I'd be very reluctant to trust my Maintanance to those pedantic paranoids who are prepared to follow obvious mistakes instead of using common sense , the type you find in the BACKYARD

ILL put my work up for screw tiny any time!

(Maybe not my spelling )

Cheers 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

Look mate, rules are rules. How's about you go on building your planes, and ill go on running a school inside the framework and rules set out by our governing bodies etc and ensuring that your freedoms to build and do what you like are maintained.

Enjoy mike

Look mate, rules are rules. How's about you go on building your planes, and ill go on running a school inside the framework and rules set out by our governing bodies etc and ensuring that your freedoms to build and do what you like are maintained. Enjoy mike

You really have that much clout , do you ?

Just went out into the backyard ,

Well what do you know ! : full moon

Cheers and keep up the good work

• Agree 1

You really have that much clout , do you ?Just went out into the backyard ,

Well what do you know ! : full moon

Cheers and keep up the good work

If you looked really carefully you would have seen my Guernsey Cow jump over it. 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif.

Alan.

• Haha 1

The manuals i use are current and are downloaded from the website every-time there is a change. I received an email today from Jabiru thanking us for pointing out the error in the maintenance publications and warranting some new rubber mounts for both aeroplanes. I understand what you are saying avocet and when i noted that the rubbers seemed soft after installation i rang jab who not only stated that they were made softer but also confirmed the orientation of the male rubbers going on the mount first and confirmed the torque numbers i had ( it was a friday arvo) suspect the gent may have been looking at the same incorrect installation manual as I. Unfortunately i cannot just fit the rubbers the way they used to go, and I am sure you would testify, jab change things all the time in response to a defect or other trigger! this is one of the reasons i must comply with the book and ensure it is kept up to date with any amendments. The LSA regs are black and white as are the regs governing my conduct as an l2 and LAME, N-ot aimed at you but for clarity if you fit a component the way you've always done it without reference to the latest pub's you are playing russian roulette, you may get away with it for a long time but eventually it will catch you out especially if its a procedural change to stop unseen damage caused by the way it used to be done.

• Agree 4