Guess what is the only day it is supposed to rain this week?

Took me two weeks to do my RAA certificate because of rain. Innsfail weather !

what?? i am going on 2 years, for the same reason! it really is insidious how it lines up like that. I have beaten the system a couple of times by booking an afternoon lesson during the week, but those are the exception.

oh well fingers crossed for a nice nav on saturday...

what?? i am going on 2 years, for the same reason! it really is insidious how it lines up like that. I have beaten the system a couple of times by booking an afternoon lesson during the week, but those are the exception.oh well fingers crossed for a nice nav on saturday...

Good luck with it

I was working at Weipa at the time took leave to do my and I did all the paper work waiting for a chance to get my bum in the left hand seat blood rain just kept coming .....

And guess which day i am supposed to do my navs (also having been weathered out the last month or so)???

SATURDAY.

086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

Avavner, my late Grandfather, a canny Scot with a lifetime in farming used to often say: "rain may well be an inconvenience, but it is never a problem"!! In farming, and flying as well, you quickly learn that there are some things you can influence, and then there are some things you can do bugger all about.

Now if you have found a foolproof way of attracting rain, Powerin and I, and all the flying farmers who enable the general populace to enjoy their Weeties and toast for breakfast, would appreciate you visiting as many of us as possible in August and September.

Despite the evident frustration Avavner, treat it as a learning experience. The ability to correctly assess the weather, work out whether a safe VFR flight is possible or not and having the courage to stick with your decison should be a valued skill, and not something that is acquired instantly. Sometimes sitting on the deck and having a mild grumle is by far the best decision that can be made. Sadly, we have had too many late pilots who did not have the capacity to do just that.

Stick with it. You will attain that cherished certificate, and reflect back on the experience of gaining it with pride.

Hi Naremman,

thanks for the words of wisdom, yes "nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight"... Rain's been just part of the problem, and I am definitely happy to be on the ground wishing I were flying rather than the other way around.. most of it has been other stuff that I have aired out plenty on this forum already regarding instructors and other timing issues. I made the decision not to go last weekend based on the reports, although in hindsight, the weather was great and would have been fine.

its a bit like renting a limo and tux every week only to have the wedding postponed each weekend... plays hell with my ADD hehe :-)

And thanks even more so for what you guys provide! I am afraid though if I visit, you might have to switch to rice :)

to be fair, most of my frustration is historical... things are actually moving along decently now, though i have had 3 out of 4 cancel this month like most... at least the ball is moving down the field. Once solo is out of the way, it should pick up steam as that is mostly what i am waiting for.

Guest Bigfella

I know the feeling, the excitement leading up to the flight only to be let down by the weather.

The wind has been the main problem here lately, it feels even worse when it's a beautiful day but there's a crosswind strong enough to keep you from flying.

law of averages will win in the end.......

Cheers,

Bigfella