RIP - Airborne Edge 582

Yikes..Kites & Trikes is an original compilation of very early video archive material created to reflect my kite flying days in 1972, still at school and just 12 years old, then almost suddenly, my flying evolved to triking in 1989... where did those years go..???

The imagery is not perfect although you will get the feeling...the trike speed is original, the low flying is extreme (do not attempt this style of flying without respect of the hidden dangers - powerlines, engine outs, trees or serious injury may occur) and the location holds great memories of triking before the sport was legal, at Scone in the Hunter Valley.

The Airborne Edge 582 aircraft of the time performed extremely good, fitted with a Rotax 582 (2 stroke) engine & 2 blade wooden prop, the Edge could fly at about 55 knots...

I really loved these trikes - awesome machines with a minimum of cockpit comforts - real flying, real fun.. real X-citment..Enjoy!

Music - Not sure, but it is perfect-acknowledgement to the creators.

Now that was the day Chris, wasn't it, very nostalgic footage, but you can tell how far back it must have been , cos there's something very prominent missing from the landscape, Coal Mines !! . It looks very different around Scone now days Chris... May all your problems be small ones , Regards Mate , Lance

Those were ahead of the days when we weren't even allowed above 300'. Certainly both exhilarating and depending on the terrain potentially quite dangerous, but as you said ... a younger brain feels no pain ... sadly a few of my friends found that out the hard way.

Fly with passion 1990 - No Rules.. No Regulations.. just a bunch of trike pilots doing their stuff in the Hunter Valley on an awesome property - Thornthwaite near Scone in the Hunter Valley - Australia.

The first Aussie trike competition held in 1992 at Smithy's Airfield, Hexham near Newcastle. The competition involved spot landing, engine off and touch & go tasks with a great bunch of local trike pilots. Several other successful trike competitions including the Flyright Challenge and the NSW Trike Titles were held but sadly trike comps never really eventuated after the late 90's.

I have had a report that a user is unable to see the videos in this thread...I am seeing 3 videos in 3 posts myself using Firefox, as a guest using Internet Explorer and logged in as a standard user in Internet Explorer.

Can anyone else confirm that the videos ARE being displayed?