Hi all just Landed

joe33

I'm learning to fly at Sunbury Airsports at Penfield. Also just added Ouyen airport to the database of airstrips but for some reason it wont work in the flight planner, does anyone know why?

Hi Joe and welcome, your problem with Ouyen could be that it,s not a registered airfield, so it's not recognised. Is it a GPS we are talking about here?. You would have to enter it as a USER waypoint and put the lats and longs in so it knows where it is. Cheers BillW.

• Like 1

Thanks Bill i included all the info in the tag. FYI as far as I know the shire maintains it there was a few light planes landing and taking off there at christmas time so it is in serviceable condition

Gday all, Not really sure if this site is world wide, I am a Canuck. I notice lots Aussie flags on the name tags, So I hope this forum/site will be a good home for me. Looks good so far!! I live in BC western Canada. I have a recreational pilot license, I am upgrading to Private Pilot either in the knowledge base or the actually goverment paper work. I started to learn to fly in 2001-2004 lots of flying, lots of fun! I just recently started back, with my feet off the ground. Was searching for flight school topics, when I flew over this site, and decided to land. Cheers!

• Like 1

G'Day Sparky,

Welcome aboard. I wonder if you're going to be flying Beavers around the lakes when you get your PPL ?? If so, have a word with one of our other Ne'er do wells, called Maj Millard, he fixes them things for a crust mate . ( Dunno if he gets the great job of draining the floats every morning though ! )

Phil