Weight & Balance

Can anyone help with the figures for a Jab170c to fill in the weight and balance for OzRunways. Ineed the max and minimum righting arms also the figures to go with the Pilot, Passenger, baggage & fuel weights. I know the weights Ineed the other figures for the next column. I tried looking in the manuals but couldn't work it all out.

J170CWandB.jpg.117e18a2ee6a9e60049da9d2b2f57e22.jpg

Nope, trim sheets but I guess some smart person can do some arithmetic and derive the moment arms. I don't know why they made it so difficult (in my opinion).

(CASA reg is to do W&B per the flight manual)

Can anyone help with the figures for a Jab170c to fill in the weight and balance for OzRunways. Ineed the max and minimum righting arms also the figures to go with the Pilot, Passenger, baggage & fuel weights. I know the weights Ineed the other figures for the next column. I tried looking in the manuals but couldn't work it all out.

I do not use those sheets as they are difficult. Just draw up a table with the weights, moments and arms, with take off weight and zero fuel weight. Not sure about oz runways. Catch up saturday perhaps.

Guest Andys@coffs

Its all in the POH here http://www.jabiru.net.au/Manuals/Pilot Operating Handbooks/JP-FM-08_J170-C_POH_Rev1.pdf starts page 27 and goes through to 35 with the figures I believe you are looking for provided as part of the formulae on page 32

Andy

P.S I believe there should be a copy of this manual in your cockpit at all times.

Given the fact that you carry an IPAD why not download all the Jabiru manuals and have the whole lot with you...To do this install the iBook app (apple produced) and when you open each of the Jabiru PDF's in Safari touch the screen anywhere on the manual and in the pop up toolbar at the top there is a "open in iBooks" option....... from that point on it will be in iBooks (though you may have to select teh right set of book shelves by swiping left or right because the default starting position is (I think) purchased books and you want teh PDF shelf......Sounds difficult but once you do it once or twice is simple and you dont have to rely on a working 3G signal when you need access to the whole set of manuals.....perhaps as you wonder how to fix the puncture:amazon:

Thanks Andy. Yes it is in the aircraft but I was home and the aircraft an hour away at Gawler. I have now downloaded the manuals as you suggested onto my iPad.

I haven't looked at the J170 but I have on the J230D and from zero fuel to MTOW (and not exceeding station limits and MTOW) you will not be outside the flight envelope. My guess is that the J170 would be the same but do the cals as it is only a guess.

I don't know about the 4 seat VH Registered version but they are a J430 (or similar class ) anyway and 700kg MTOW.

W & B calculations require the initial empty weight and moment arm as a starting point. (Different for each aircraft - check your maintenance logbook)

Once this data is entered then it becomes a reference point for all other data calculations. ie pilot/fuel/luggage weights & moment arms.

Rather than clutter up this thread, if you require further help with entering the correct figures in Ozrunways send me an email and I will give you a hand.

Cheers

Daryl

[email protected]

I haven't looked at the J170 but I have on the J230D and from zero fuel to MTOW (and not exceeding station limits and MTOW) you will not be outside the flight envelope. My guess is that the J170 would be the same but do the cals as it is only a guess.I don't know about the 4 seat VH Registered version but they are a J430 (or similar class ) anyway and 700kg MTOW.

The first version of the J170 can exceed aft C of G limit if the baggage loading limits are not carefully adhered to.

The J230 has a broader W & B envelope.