Bloody weather .......

Doug Evans

Not bragging (much), but the weather on the South Coast has been perfect (typical Autumn weather here, blue sky, calm air, low-mid 20's temp), and the forecast is looking to be more of the same perfect weather. 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

Not bragging (much), but the weather on the South Coast has been perfect (typical Autumn weather here, blue sky, calm air, low-mid 20's temp), and the forecast is looking to be more of the same perfect weather. 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

Thanks. Hope ya making the best of it :-)

• 2 weeks later...

The Lightwing looks great Doug. Last time I saw it was in October when I was at Innisfail and popped over to have chat with Carlo. Looks much better now :) That's his hangar in the background, right?

Steve.

Easy, if you want it to stop raining;

Don't paint anything,

Don't wash your car,

Don't move house,

Cancel your first golf game in 3 months,

Tell the wife you will mow the lawn,

and pump your tyres up so no chance of a flat...

Ignition, which South coast are you on. I was on the South coast of Qld recently and the weather was lousy. I spent 1.5 hours on the ground waiting to do a 1 hour flight.

Be heading south from innisfail to Starke field fuelling there then on to lakeside home base 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

Weather gods are in my favour this time so all looking good !

Couple of little jobs to do today

Going to fit a new hour meter

& a fuel flow meter

Then fit and adjust a full aircraft cover made bye punkin head

Then all go for my first long flight in 0032 Lookin at two two hour legs

Bring on Wednesday ........

• Like 3

Guest Maj Millard

Doug, Great to see 032 today in the hangar, on your home turf. She looks great in her new paint job !.....Really looking foward to seeing her back at Old Station Fly-in in 4 weeks time, which is where I picked her up from, a few years ago for the previous owner.

This aircraft is one of the most historic ULs in Australia, and the logbooks sure tell a long, and interesting story which include as you know, the historic crossing of the continent from West to East, supported by the Army and accompianed by two Flightstar aircraft............................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Guest nunans

Looks very nice with the new skin, is that polyfibre? what paint did you use? is there a trick to rivetting the windscreen and door windows without cracking the lexen?

Looks very nice with the new skin, is that polyfibre? what paint did you use? is there a trick to rivetting the windscreen and door windows without cracking the lexen?

Have a chat to Carlo Prete he could tell ya all the tricks of the trade ! Ph 07406147922:scratching head:

Guest Maj Millard

Great shots there Doug , Julie and Ian...that machine looks great in her element !.......what's that white stuff in the background ???....did I make the right decision today ?.........................................Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Great shots there Doug , Julie and Ian...that machine looks great in her element !.......what's that white stuff in the background ???....did I make the right decision today ?.........................................Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Yes that was toward cannonvale a bit gloomy there but good toward the ranges