New Business Directory

Admin

I want to give you a snap shot of a new section of information coming to Recreational Flying for you called the Recreational Flying Business Directory.

The main page looks like:

1.jpg.3921a91656f7f66c3c44deff00d9ea25.jpg

In there you will be able to find your Yellow Pages of all things in recreational aviation with the exception of Aircraft (aircraft will be in the new Aircraft Showcase).

What I would like to know is what categories you think the Business Directory should have to make it easy for you to find what ever you need to do with recreational aviation.

What do you think?

• Like 1

Start at the front and work back

Props/Spinners (Inc Blades/CSU etc)

Engine (basic types)

Engine electrical (electric fuel pumps, alternator, plugs, EFI/ECU, "firewall forward"stuff)

Firewall forward mechanical (engine truss/nosewheel support)

Fuel system (tanks/hoses/clamps/hard lines/etc)

Analogue Gauges (plus lines and senders etc)

Avionics/electrical (interior switches/buss/circuit breakers/wire/looming suppliers, electronic senders, "firewall back" stuff)

Construction supplies (F/Glass, Wood, Aluminium, paint, etc)

Interior (general stuff - cushions, handgrips for control sticks, floor coverings, etc)

Clubs

Schools/Training organisations

Training information (books/DVD/etc)

Regional fuel providers and type of fuel supplied (linked to map?? ie YCAB Mogas/100LL fuel available from XXX company at YYY location during the hours of ZZZ am-pm. Contact Joe Bloggs on ph : 1234567)

Not sure if it is just me but the screenshot is not much bigger than the thumbnail - difficult to read

• Like 1

Thanks Damkia

When a user clicks a Category they will see...NOTE, the images I have used here are for Aircraft so ignore the actual information:

2.jpg.338374dd2e63a13051e0b62bac0445b8.jpg

When a user clicks an entry they will see the listing page. Across the top of the listing page is 3 blocks with the Business details, an image and YouTube video (not sure whether to keep these two in there), and a Google Map of the Business's location:

3.jpg.b8174d2780d7bb2c4c5b315415183735.jpg

Underneath the top blocks on the listing page as shown above is a section of text (a post) containing all the information about the business, any special deals etc that can be updated by the user at any time, and then followed by a user interactive comments like a forum thread.

The business listing will be entered and can be "Claimed" by the business at any time for them to commence managing the entry.

This was one part of why I was on about the forum restructure making the site more International as this area of the site could be populated with a lot of resources all around the world for all site users

Start at the front and work backProps/Spinners (Inc Blades/CSU etc)

Engine (basic types)

Engine electrical (electric fuel pumps, alternator, plugs, EFI/ECU, "firewall forward"stuff)

Firewall forward mechanical (engine truss/nosewheel support)

Fuel system (tanks/hoses/clamps/hard lines/etc)

Analogue Gauges (plus lines and senders etc)

Avionics/electrical (interior switches/buss/circuit breakers/wire/looming suppliers, electronic senders, "firewall back" stuff)

Construction supplies (F/Glass, Wood, Aluminium, paint, etc)

Interior (general stuff - cushions, handgrips for control sticks, floor coverings, etc)

Clubs

Schools/Training organisations

Training information (books/DVD/etc)

Regional fuel providers and type of fuel supplied (linked to map?? ie YCAB Mogas/100LL fuel available from XXX company at YYY location during the hours of ZZZ am-pm. Contact Joe Bloggs on ph : 1234567)

That's a fantastic start damkia. The only things I would add are:

Undercarriage (wheels, tyres, brakes, brake lines, wheel spats, etc.)

Performance enhancers (fairings, vortex generators, wing fences, etc.)

Lighting (landing lights, wig-wags, navigation lights, etc.)

Is this going to replace the Suppliers' forum?OME

The Business Directory makes use of a forum for its discussions with each listing automatically generating a thread in a designated forum...like the Video Library does when you add a video, a thread is created in the Aviation Videos forum. I can choose whether to use a forum that already exists in the current forum list or have a completely new one just within the Business Directory system so at this stage it is possible that it may use the Supplier's forum.